DES MOINES: 1983 Honda PA50II with title

I'm offering a black 1983 Honda PA50II moped for sale. the bike has a correct, clear minnesota title with matching VIN. i am including an extra engine with good compression and extra rear wheel with sprocket. please read on.

I just got this recently in non-running condition...did some minor work and once gas gets in the carb, this thing starts on a half-kick EVERY TIME. great runner. however, it will need some definite work to get back to original condition. the lights work and the brakes are very good, but the turn signals and plastic engine covers are missing, the throttle sticks, carb needs a new gasket, petcock leaks, ignition no longer functioning (aka you dont need a key to start it)...basically i just wanna break even as i need money pretty badly due to some recent events. I spent $320 so far on the bike, so i need that out of it. please respond or email me for more details or if you'd like to come look at it. Honda still makes a lot of the parts for these bikes, and they share a few parts with the Express, shouldnt take much to return this to original condition. fun bike, does 30mph pretty easily, good nominee for turning into an insanely fast bike. i will be posting pictures as soon as it's bright out and i can take some!

thanks!

Re: DES MOINES: 1983 Honda PA50II with title

DEF send me some pics. you willing to part with an express outta yer collection?

I'd like pics too please.

Thank you.

email sent about the engine.

i'll post some today. its fairly rough, but its very solid. went through and tightened everything on the bike recently and replaced a few bolts. the belt is noisy so it either needs a smaller one, or some belt dressing to quiet it down. bike runs great, however it seems like once it goes into full throttle it doesnt wanna return. maybe the cable needs lubed or something. i was controlling my speed with the killswitch...haha

a couple minor fixes and this thing should be good. i was planning on restoring the whole thing but other things have come up and i just need the cash.

AJ - i only have one express at the moment and i'm not willing to part with it. HOWEVER there is one near my house i have dibs on for $50...angel blue '80 NC50, needs some work and the transmission cover has been off since 1988 so the whole transmission is a pile of rust. i do have an extra 2-speed engine i was gonna put on it if i ever got it, but i still havent gotten around to it. let me know if youre interested.

p.s. my extra 2-speed express engine RUNS great. it was running an hour before i took it off the bike. extra carb included too.

thanks

ok pics!

PA50II:

(express not for sale)

engine:

and for AJ, my express 2-speed engine/carb:

oh, and i do have the magneto cover for the extra PA50 engine...although its being stored in a ditch about a mile and a half from my house. hahahaha

bump for that 80, find anything out on it?

thanks budday

havent had a chance today...dad didnt get home till late, i'll try to call them either today or tomorrow.

hey is that 82 motor off an iowa model or non iowa? i have 2 82's and they're both iowa, unfortunately.

let me know when you find out if the PA50 engine is a I or II. thanks nash!

bump

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account