1981 Garelli Rally Sport for sale

holly bechiri /

We have decided to part with our Garelli Rally Sport-

It's a 1981, 49 cc engine, with a special pipe whose name i cannot remember.

$800 OBO.

We've got the Service Manual and a good quality half helmet as well to go with it.

Runs great, looks good, seat and everything in really good shape.

This is a great find but we'd like someone to have it that would put it to good use and appreciate it.

You can see more pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/holly.artwords/TheGarelli?pli=1&gsessionid=7AZ6qala_pJTyn1PUrqZLA

1220292198_dscf0008.jpg

Re: 1981 Garelli Rally Sport for sale

holly bechiri /

i forgot to add, though i'm sure you all are aware...gets 100 mpg.

haha $800

Haha is right.

Yeah... it's a bit high for that. I would say $500 tops.. maybe 6 in the spring..

shit, if anybody wants to spend $800 on a Rallysport, I'll sell you my 2-speed Rallysport LTD

I just sold my 1985 rally sport sl for 300 in mint shape just needed some carb adjustments

RS's arent that rare, so average price is anywhere from 3-5 bills.

8 is just outrageous.

I doubt id even pay 8 for a minty toptank.

The only things that sell for that much are the bikes people put time into and do full resto work, custom work, or race bikes.

But cmon, who sells those?

Looks like the one I sold last year for $500 when I had the pipe on upside down...

That is my old Garelli, and it was probably the sharpest Garelli in Michigan last year. I sold it for $400-$500 to a guy in Muskegon, and he had it for sale this spring around $500.

It was sharp... I don't think $800 sharp though this time of the season.

sold: 1981 Garelli Rally Sport for sale

holly bechiri /

sorry, jon, that wasn't yours and and wasn't bought this spring in muskegon.

we bought it a year and a half ago, and a friend who knows a lot about them said because of some of the modifications made that a fair price would be $700. we set the price at 8 so we'd get a fair price out if it, and we did end up getting that fair price, according to what the friend said anyway.

hope he was right, wasn't our intention to cheat anyone out of anything-but it is a sweet bike so i hope the new owner enjoys it.

Re: sold: 1981 Garelli Rally Sport for sale

I wasn't implying cheating. I think you should get all you can. FWIW, the photo on your profile is the one I took in our driveway last year.

Re: sold: 1981 Garelli Rally Sport for sale

haha dude that guy must have been smoking some major crack...wtf I had a way nicer garelli 1985 rally sl with 1600k with a new carb and it sold for 300 and I listed everywhere. Come on man your making me regret my sale. Not to mention he could have spent 200 more and got a brand new Tomos or Garelli for that matter

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account