WTB FZ50 SUZUKI Parts WANTED

I'm looking for the leg shield, rear rack, rear & front fenders, ignition with key.

email me

Re: WTB FZ50 SUZUKI Parts WANTED

I just worked on a guys FZ50 with 200 original miles. He was telling me that he had to buy a new leg shield, said he got it through his local suzuki dealer for $40. Kind of blew my mind that they still make it, and that it was that cheap. So I geuss try that route

wow, really? i prefer the FZ50 without the leg shield, but if suzuki is still making THAT, then i should be able to get damn near everything for mine still...

bump

I found the fenders and leg shield but I'm still looking for the rear chrome rack, gas tank, and ignition/key.

try looking for a FA50 ignition instead. they are exactly the same, and FA50s are much MUCH more common. probably get more search results / hits if you mention FA50. good luck with the gas tank though. is yours rusty? have you tried cleaning it?

the guy i bought my FZ50 from said he was able to buy a new igntion/key from suzuki. this was within the last two years, too.

FZ50 is totally different, different motor (2 speed auto), larger carb, mag wheels. Only things swappable from FA50 are controls, cables, and lights. And by the way, the 12"x3" tires are a real bitch to find,so hope yours are in good shape, the fa50s have 14" tires.

Where did you find the leg shield and fenders, did you find them new at the dealer or? Please let us know. I've always LOVED the FZ50, always wanted one, they are ULTRA rare by the way! The one I rode had knobbie tires on it like a trail bike. I took it through the trails behind my house. I would get a full speed run at a steep hill in 2nd gear, and it would downshift itself into 1st gear and power right up the hill at 15 mph. Theyre the TITS, WAAY stronger than the FA50, and it topped out at 35 on the road.I could even pull wheelies on it if I lifted up on the handlebars right when it shifted. Perfect moped (er noped) in my book! I would pay 700-800 for a mint one if I could find one.

cheapcycleparts.com has the OEM body parts. Here is a link to some of the scootersI fixed up including the fz50.

<url>http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z201/ajsamora/Restored%20Mopeds/<url>;

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account