New Hampshire 1977 Motobecane 50v

I am selling a 1977 Motobecane 50v for $500.00 O.B.O. I have done lots of work to it and would be more then happy to go over with interested buyers. Minor things that don't work but aren't necessary to ride include a slight exhaust leak and a horn that doesn't work. Please contact me at (603) 361-3290.

-serious inquires only please!

1217979751_picture_082.jpg

Re: New Hampshire 1977 Motobecane 50v

whats up with the hacked stripped cylinder head??

500 is kinda high

looks like the threads stripped out

apparently! That sux

Its a "slight" leak!! lol

ive ridden this bike personally and can say its in good working order. a few things wrong with it like he says, but nothing major. The exhaust fix was actually pretty clever and very effective... it is no louder than stock, and doesnt leak any more than a ninja g3 or similar pipe w/ a ball joint.

not to imply that my opinion has very much value, but i figured i'd throw in my two cents... and jay, that seems like the kinda fix you'd love!

its not fixed its rigged there is a difference!

neat bike but honestly

"-serious inquires only please!"

From this peanut gallery ( including me ) thats a pretty tall order lol

i have dont that many times it actually works better than stock

there is

The exhaust threads are stripped. I put that together to slow the leak/ make it possible to replace exhaust or cylinder without having to trash both. Im in the process of tracking down a cylinder for it. Ped runs great just a little blow by out of the exhaust port. Very willing to discuss price too.

Oh come on Paulvolio have a little creativity. Jay and Steve thanks for the backup. If i replace the cylinder and theres no leak would that make everything kosher? Well only for serious inquires of course...

good luck finding a cylinder they are rather hard to come by without finding/buying another ped with a good cylinder.

The repair procedure for those threads isnt cheap or easy either.

I am just pointing it out because you described it as a slight leak when in fact it needs a substantial engine component to be fixed.

am i the only one that feels like paul's last statement lacks coherency?

yep

Hey does anyone remember that "serious inquires only please" part? If you feel like pointing out every problem with a 31 year old moped i don't think it fits in that category. Steve has six milk crates of motobecane parts, and im willing to bet theres a cylinder thatd take about five minutes to change in there.

"serious inquires only please" part?

no you mean seriously requires only one part

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account