Good Kit on the Cheap for Maxi 2speed?

Any recommendations on a good reliable kit I should purchase.

I'm looking at the 60cc Athena @ 1977 for $155:

http://www.1977mopeds.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_28&products_id=242

Anyone know any details about this one from Mopedjunkyard:

PM-010(70) (70cc for $179.95) I can't find the brand.

http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/hipro.html

I'm thinking of selling my Magnum XK (in excellent original condition) to buy a bunch of parts... picture is in my profile.

Thanks.

Re: Good Kit on the Cheap for Maxi 2speed?

oh.

Looking for a Kit I can just bolt on to the frame... no grinding welding etc.

if you don't like grinding or welding you probably should just sell your ped and buy a motercycle that is faster to begin with.

naw thats a little extreme. Tons of use use kits without modifying the case.

Check ebay, search "puch moped"

check stores, go to treats hq

check out the malossi 62 cc kit thats bolt on, and by decription is what your looking for, easy on.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

why would you sell a magnum?

yeah go splash some cold water on your face or something, but dont sell that magnum.

buy a nice malossi and a carb, and ride....

The Athenas are good....not reedvalve though. That 70cc kit is the same design as the TCCD. it could be the TCCD or one of the million other places taht made it. THe quality of that one varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. KStar, TCCD, Power1, and several others made this kit.

Honestly, the 64cc Polini is the best for the Puch, it costs a bit more...but $150 for an Athena vs. $240 for a Polini...I'd take the Polini any day....even though the profit margin is WAY better on the Athena.

I honestly kind of like my Maxi better. It's run down and nasty... I don't mind if that one gets stolen or beat up.

My Magnum is in too good of shape. I can't get myself to do anything to it. I'd keep it if it was in bad shape. It's just too original that i can't get myself to take anything off to make it lighter, look smaller & more like a moped.

I'm not worthy for a Magnum.

I was looking at that one too. You think that would be the best bet?

I haven't seen a polini for sale for a while. 1977 had some a while ago, but doesn't anymore. You know where to pick one up?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

joe sells them.

If you sell that magnum, you will regret it later on.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account