WTB/WTT: 17" Front Puch Spoke Rims

I'm looking for a decent pair of Puch spoke rims. Decent aka round and no pitting. I have a pair of snowflakes that I'm willing to trade for, if you so chose.

I've have alerts on eBay and craigslist with no luck finding any so far.

WTB/WTT: 17" Front Puch Spoke Rims

Gunther McCilicutty /

I have these on mine right now..I will sell them to you next month if you want. I need a picture of your snowflakes before I even think about that. I posted a thread about wanting mags

1217434514_mine_034.jpg

Re: WTB/WTT: 17" Front Puch Spoke Rims

I just posted a pic of my 'ped on my profile. My snowflakes are fine. Front wheel: tire should be replaced, little bit of dry rot. Brand new brake shoes, just put them on yesterday. Back wheel: after adding some additional PSI the tire went flat, dry rot. And the rear brakes are shot. I could go by HP and pick up another set of shoes if you want I just didn't care to much about rear braking the other day as much as ANY braking, so I didn't replace those. As for the rims they're nice. No chips or scratches that I've noticed. Just need to be wiped down to clean them. I'll inspect them both again tonight.

1217441027_puch_magnum_mkii.jpg

Re: WTB/WTT: 17" Front Puch Spoke Rims

Gunther McCilicutty /

I am not 100% that I want to get rid of mine, but I do want a set of mags. I have brand new mich rubber coming tomorrow and brake shoes for the rear coming today...even if we trade straight up it may be worth it.

My spokes are in top shape as you can see, and with new rubber and shoes you will be getting a steal. Let me put the new rubber and shoes on mine and we can talk in a few weeks if you still need spokes. You are close to me (NC) as you are in Viginia, so maybe we can meet half way or something. I got your email.

Re: WTB/WTT: 17" Puch Spoke Rims

Sounds like a plan, that'll hopefully go through. I think it's like a 3 hour trip to Charlottesville/Lynchburg for us. Then again, it could be cheaper to ship.

I don't know how long I can go without riding, I might break down a buy a new tire next week. If anyone else can offer me a set don't hesitate to offer.

Took of my rear wheel tonight. After looking up closely, there in good shape, just not immaculate. Not even noticeable when on the 'ped. When I wiping it down, I then noticed a tiny chip here and there. Not bad at all for almost 30 year old rims. Nothing major. No chucks taken out. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say a 7 or 8. I assume some touch up paint and some free time would make them a 9.

Main reason I wanted spokes was to be able to change the sprocket. These effin' hills are killing me.

Gunther McCilicutty /

I'll let you know in about a month...I may want new rubber on those mags if I trade.

I am planning a total teardown this fall and want to ride till at least November..since I just bought new tires for the spokes, I would have a tough time trading them for rims that are not road ready 100%

Don't worry about the small chips, they would be getting some body work done and a color change if I got them.

Zack Rineer /

Hey boofer...

I forgot to give you the keys to lock up the moped and the original owners manual...

I will mail the keys and title to you once I get the title in...

Just email me your address!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account