OHIO- New guy looking for a Ped

I'm a college student at Ohio State and I'm also in Air Force ROTC. I'm looking for someone selling a moped for a couple hundred. I like working on small engines and I have some help if I need it. I need a ped to ride around campus to save me from driving my car everywhere and wasting unneccesary amounts of gas. Thank in advance for all your help.

Re: OHIO- New guy looking for a Ped

Take a look at craigslist. Thats usually where you'll find the best deals. Sometimes on eBay too.

I have a Bianchi for sale right by Olentangy Commons. I'm asking $700, which sounds like a lot, but it's worth it. Holla.

Go Bucks.

1217449167_tank.jpg

hey thanks for responding man. I'm actually looking for something a little cheaper. Like a fixer upper project to work on. I really appreciate your response.

i have a 75' road runner (motobecane rigid) that need's work .. i won't be in ohio until the 16th tho.. lmk i'll sell it cheap!

Is it complete? How much do you want for it? I'm very interested. Where are you now?

Do you have any pictures?

no pics atm as the bike is in ohio, and im in newyork.. as far as i know all it needed to run was a decompression lever and cables, but am not sure. i think it also has a non moby seat on it (not sure what brand) , but like i said i'm willing to sell it cheap, and if your still looking by the time i get back into ohio you can come by and check it out.

yeah, actually i just found a pic of it and it need's more than i thought, would probly be better as a parts bike.. but idk maybe it could be restored...

there was a tomos for $50 on columbus cl

I saw that but I am kind of weary becuase it has a rebuilt engine and transmission. I'm third on the guy's list.

bump

handybikes on 5th has a couple used bikes. you would spend a little more than $200 though ya know.

yeah I've realized that I want something reliable. How much are we talking for the bikes at handibikes?

uhhhhhhhhhh i dunno go there and ask BJ

check craigslist columbus alot too, you could find a cheap running bike..

ok. Thanks for the heads up Mike. I may go there this afternoon because I'm going to look at a 99 tomos sprint with a 70cc upgrade and performance pipe and a targa lx needing an oil pump but I'm read its better to disconnect it anyway and just premix.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/2/194404/194404/

check out this, it just needs a starting system.

Thanks for everyone's help. I got myself a 99' Sprint that isn't sparking. Now I have my work cut out for me.

Hello my name is Jack. I have a wonderful 1978 Garelli Moped that runs really good. For some reason it doesnt idle good? I think the carb needs cleaned? Im not any good at turning a wrench!! Everything on this bike works great. All the lights including the brake lights. The horn even works. It has 2300 miles on it. You can have it for 295 dollars. Thats what I paid for it back in the 90s. I am located in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio. I am in the Akron Area. Its under a 2 hour drive to Columbus. Feel free to call me at 330)923-6778. Good luck!

1217804868_100_0432.jpg

How much did you pay for that Sprint?

Apollo,

I paid $175 for it. It doesn't have a consistent spark and there was a broken piece under the front right plastic fork conver.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account