Moped in MI

I was looking for a moped in the detroit area, Brighton Is where I am located in Brighton. If anyone has one in any condition let me know, I have money!!!

Re: Moped in MI

Thats as much as a motorcycle dood!

$550 seems reasonable for that bike based on what I've seen this summer. Perhaps you should have specified you were looking for a non-running moped, or a sucker to sell you a nice one for half of what it's worth.

If you want to get the deals, you gotta do the leg work yourself, friend. Most of the folks here spend way too much of their free time checking craigslist and newspapers, because _that_ is the way to get a $50 Magnum. Also, as a result, most of the people here see enough mopeds for sale to have a really good idea of what the market value should be.

My advice to you: keep your eyes and ears open locally, don't ask around on moped sites because everyone else is going to be working harder than you to find the steals. The springtime is a better time to buy because people relocate and don't want to move them, people buy them late in the summer as "gas savers" and then can't get them to start the next spring so they throw them out, people just go crazy with "spring cleaning" and sell stuff to make room for new stuff.

Jeez, Sarah helps you out with a very nice moped and you dump all over her. Get a clue, dood!!

I would bet you $550 that that Puch has already been snatched up by someone that knows better. Good luck.

What the FUCK are you guys talking about?! A puch maxi, especially one stock should never be sold for that much.

I think Kevin might, and I mean MIGHT be interested if someone were to sell one for 250. Please, I owned a stock maxi, and I would never sell one for over 300.

two words, dude. _GAS PANIC_ it's not just about what a collector is willing to pay anymore, it's what a collector has to pay to outbid some jerk who wants a cheap scooter.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Chill Steve. 550 for a decent running Maxi is certainly not outrageous. If it needed a lot of parts or work to run right, then I agree, overpriced. I think Kevin just needs to understand he is going to have a hard time finding bikes for a low price in the current market.

i've put about $550 into my maxi this year altogether.

The days of nice $300 maxis are over. I sold several decent Maxis last summer. I thought $300 was a reasonable asking price for a decent, not mint, bike that ran well. They all sold in hours to people who didn't try to haggle, that tells me that I wasn't asking enough. And that was last year.

In my opinion, $300 now buys a running beater, or a cosmetically nice bike that needs engine work.

I think $550 for that bike is a little high, but not a bad starting point.

Another example

"3 Puchs for sale in GR":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/download.php?f=2&file=1213824104_picture_226.jpg

I have three friends that would like me to find them a nice moped. I saw this post and was going to take one of them over to look, and they all sold in less than 2 days. This is to people on M.A. that know mopeds. Prices have gone up this summer. If you look hard on your own you can still score deals, but you'd better be quick on CL! Have you seen prices on eBay?

Bikes in great condition where you don't have to drop any money on them are still a good deal, even at these prices. Compare to Chinese scooters or new Tomos'.

By the way, those Puchs were offered at $550, $650 and $750, or all 3 for $1,800. They didn't last long.

well put Gabe.

Two weeks ago I drove to Chicago and bought two non-running mopeds for $450, and the whole drive I'm terrified the seller was gonna get a better offer and flake out on me. I'd say the only reason I was able to get them was because the guy listed them on CL the last night of BROBQ, so the obvious buyers were distracted.

Cheap and running went the way of the Dodo the moment gas went over $4. Seriously. People were re-listing on Craig's with higher prices. People talk about "barn finds" but the one transaction I've had this summer with someone who didn't know anything about mopeds, the guy acted like the thing was worth a grand, and wouldn't budge at all on the price.

$550 is fair.

550 is high but semi reasonable and show me one running motorcycle for 550$ i have been looking a little they aren't there

Zeke, If you are looking for a motorcycle try free auto RV magizenes, I got my motorcycle for 550 dollars...it is a 550 cc too, It ran perfect when I bought it, just cables and simple stuff has been replaced as it breaks. The bike still runs at least 100mph and I used to get 50 miles per gallon before I started showing off at stoplight. I also got a little honda 350 from this sit for 150 dollars plus my motobecane. Thanks everyone for helping me with my moped hunt.

Also I have a mini-van I may be willing to trade for a moped, This van is a 97 mercury villager, Worth 1500 or so, If anyone is interested let me know.

what are you talking about, your not even old enough to sit on a motorcycle

Haha, your dumb...I got my endorsement when I turned 16 maybe I can teach you a thing or two

I think she meant your Pull-Ups training pants might be a little slippery on that motorcycle seat.

Oh, that makes much more sense, I dont mean to bash you...but you aren't one to talk, I bet you ladies are too scared to hop on anything but your silly little mopeds that cost twice as much as a motorcycle and go a quarter the speed. hahaha, you people disgust me. I will run you over with my mini-van...or my pick-up truck, or my motorcycle, even my little motorcycle would smoke you, AND IT GETS JUST ABOUT AS GOOD GAS MILEAGE AS YOUR MOPED!

lol.

Why is every other person on this board rude and obnoxious?

If you didnt want people to react this way, maybe you should try being a little nicer.

and by the way, Ive' personally seen mopeds do 65+, and last time I checked, not even my CBR 954 could do 260MPH.

I've got an AMF roadmaster that does 320 mph...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account