Sachs Balboa FS, only 400something miles!

My roomie is selling her Sachs Balboa for best offer to help fund the restoration of a Puch Newport.

She bought the Sachs with intentions of restoring it, but pretty much just put it away. There is unfortunately no paperwork with the ped, but if you live in a state with lax laws that won't really be an issue for you. Or have someone here in a state with lax laws register it for you.

The moped only has 400something miles on it, but unfortunately was not stored properly and has some rust issues. There is some rust in the tank (not awful) and the rims are rusted as well as some other bits here and there. She's made no attempt to clean anything up on it, so some may come off, some parts may need to be replaced. It is red, but the paint is faded, esp. on the tank.

The moped starts and runs but definitely needs to be tuned up.

Everything is there, just needs some TLC and would be a really awesome bike.

Built in March 1978.

Taking best offers to graphicrage@gmail.com. Will deliver for cost of gas within 3 hours of Buffalo, NY. Will not ship or part.

Re: Sachs Balboa FS, only 400something miles!

Will have some pics this afternoon. Any interest?

how far from woodstock ny are you?, price??

Mapquest says 5 1/2 hours... I know she's looking for best offer over $200, but I don't think she has a definite price in mind.

PICS!

Here's the pics:

Re: PICS!

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

sidecovers? left hand brake lever? i'm in NE ohio but i have friends in rochester......

tempting!!

Sorry, forgot, she does have the side covers.

There's no left brake handle, Sachs are coaster brakes! :-) Right lever controls the front brake and you pedal backwards to activate the rear brake.

my mopet has front and rear brakes....

fuck i want this!!!! sachs will run forever!!!......

... i need to figure out a few things.....

would you meet up in erie?

Yeah, I would meet in Erie for the right price. ;-) That would be 3 hours round trip for me, ie a full tank in my van at $80 a tank. :-(

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

i'd pay $250 or so seeing as i gotta come from illinois. i need a title in il, so to get it i'd need a signed affadafit,notarized, PIA i know. and i'm like 9 hrs away

All that paperwork you need wouldn't be an issue. She said she'd like to see if she gets any other offers firs though.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

sure... i definetly can't go any higher , considering about $200 in gas.

i sent her an email.

if you had any info, like engine, carb, etc, that would be great.

thanks!

-chris

Hey Chris, it was actually me you emailed. I emailed you back. ;-)

The engine is 505 1/c. Carb is 85/12/104/A.

This is exactly what's on my balboa, and with minimal tuning (a new biturbo exhaust) I'm hitting 35mph. And my engine has 3500 miles on it!

I got hers up and running when she first got it and rode it up and down the street just to make sure it was running, but it took a bit to get it started. It obviously sat for a while and has old gas in it, so I'm sure that was mostly the reason.

She really has just bought it and put it away, so I don't know more than that, sorry!

This is still FS until there's green on the table. :-)

I am planning on cleaning the carb, tank and putting on a new plug to get it up and running. Probably will install a fuel filter too if I have enough gas line left over.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account