top tank, uh, tank

Anyone have an old rusted-out top tank laying around? I have a photo project in mind and I'm looking for a puch magnum or 5 star general tank to buy. Preferably one that is punctured or rusted and so is useless on an actual bike.

thanks, mike

Re: top tank, uh, tank

how about a nasty, flat black painted, rusty batavus tank. the ugly fat kind that comes on the regency.

Mike I have a horrible magnum tank that is rusted beyond belief. Send me a creatures shirt and pay for shipping and its yours.

zing! srsly out-dealed!

actually both of those tanks could work. What do you want for the batavus tank jake? I might try and swing both...

Jake, if you or anybody else in TBS decide to build another motron, I have the cleanest motron tank ever, that I probably won't ever do anything with. I'm sure we can work something out.

i have an awful motomarina sebring tank. interested?

definitely interested. i need one tank for tjhe actual project and a couple others for the mock-up. keep in mind I don't have the biggest budget for this project...

also, any ideas for an oversized headlight?

mike

oversized headlight? i'd say go with a pair of foglights (like the ones you can buy from wal-mart use one for the "running" light and the other for high-beam.

the only drawback to that idea is... fogs usually use 51 watt bulbs...

see if you can get ahold of a standard motorcycle headlight i'd say one off a puch twingle would look nifty... 7in. headlight with a speedo housed inside... might have to swap out the speedo since the cable is different.

yeah good idea. it doesn't need to be functional, but it should look feasible.

Mike, email me when you decide what to do.

hey jason... i tried to email you but it got sent back as a permanent fail.

i think i got blocked by a spam filter. shoot me an email at lambaste@gmail.com with a shirt size and i'll give you a mailing address.

mike

email sent.

Hey jason, I'm looking for a tank for my 78 Motron. Is yours still for sale?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account