For sale or trade: Complete non-running Solex

Its complete and seems to have excellent compression. No spark but i noticed the tail light wires are not hooked up. Has good brakes that work, nice chrome decent paint but sorry, no title. $100 firm or swap for real groovy peds, parts, motorcycles, etc. Trade up or down. Let me know.

1214444252_solex_001.jpg

Re: For sale or trade: Complete non-running Solex

Please no offers under a $100 or trade offers for ipods, used sex toys, or broken laptops. Bike isn't as nice the pics make it look but it isn't all bad either. A solex guru (such as Brian) would make it purr in a hour or 2.

1214444472_solex_002.jpg

Will you ship it?

At your cost.

Lets say 95% complete. Its missing a few screws to attach the air box, side cover straps for the motor cover, and it has a bicycle brake on it for a throttle. Not sure if the brake controls are correct or not for hand brakes.

do you have any idea how much the shipping would cost? I live in Iowa.

Thanks, Salty.

It's a 1977 model 4600 V3. It appears to be relatively complete and in good enough condition. The handlebar controls are not original, but they seem to be hooked up properly and should function OK. The right side pedal is from a 1978 4600 V3. The air pump and possibly the front motor hood seem to be missing.

I am not sure what shipping will cost, I am not a shipper guy. It would be best if the buyer took care of the shipping quotes. I will pack it in a box and deliver to a shipper for what materials and gas cost me. Thanks BrianSolex, i knew you would chime in and straighten me out as to what is missing. I wasn't sure what it had but it looks close to complete. I am still firm on my price, first $100 gets it. delivery costs are the buyers responsibility. It can hang on my garage wall for anything under $100.

Thanks to all of you for the interest in this fine machine, it is sold to a good moped repair home!

Glad this is gone. It was a wee bit tempting.

damm i think topher wants one

how fast does it go?

A stock Solex S 3800/5000/4600 has a top speed of 18.7 mph (30 kph) on a flat, dry road against no wind.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

man thats so awesome. I really want one.

toe fur threadkiller /

yeah, i do....fuck! i was at the bar when this went up.

damn microbrew specials.....makin' me miss out on solexes.....

salty, email me if you still got it.

Topher,

I'm the coolest person ever so I emailed you.

Bryan

salty

still need frame & title for 77 honda express. other deal fell thru, messed up title just like the one i have

jack

Watching a movie on TCM last week with Robert Redford, "Three Days of the Condor" in the beginning he was stuck in morning traffic on a winter day riding what appears to be a Solex looking understandably nervous next to 70's behemoths on either side - thought it was pretty cool.

Three Days of the Condor:

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account