Should I Buy?

Ok, so hello everyone, I am new here but i love the site. Ok down to business, I've been looking on craigslist and local ebay trying to get my hands on a moped - working or close to working. And I came across a 1982 Jawa Supreme 2. I really like the look of this moped, but i was wondering a few things about it. The guy who is selling it said there is no title(i'm not sure how hard it would be to get a title) and i was wondering if $500 was a good price. -Thanks a lot.

Re: Should I Buy?

Seems like a lot for a jawa

How much do you think would be a fair price?

probly 200 or so, no more unless its in good condition jawa ped's are hard to work on and even more hard to get parts for.

What about the title part how would i be able to get one?

Jawas are a royal pain and they are slow. I wouldn't pick that bike up especially as a first moped.

Read this:

<http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Moped_Laws:_United_States#Pennsylvania>;

This site might also help, since you're in Pennsylvania:

http://www.mopedcentral.com/

Alex, this moped is not even running at the moment first of all, second yes it is a Jawa, not the best or most reliable brand. Third, I am looking at the ad right now and both fenders are orange from rust. Don't buy it.

Ok thanks a lot!

I was also looking at maybe like a garelli, but im not sure. Anyone have a suggestion for a good first moped? Thanks a lot.

my first moped was a free spirit with a puch single speed e50 engine. they are easy to work on and fun to modify and tune. its also relatively easy to find parts for puch engines. garellis are very user friendly to work on but the rubber clutches can be a pain sometimes. good luck.

I think you're near New Jersey, just plan a trip and pick up a cheap 90's Tomos, they are good.

Ok thanks a lot guys!

x2 tomos!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account