WTB: Yamaha Chappy (parts)

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Ok, so I've been looking for this damn footrest bracket for far too long now. I missed the one I've seen on ebay, and no one seems to have it.

So do you have an old Chappy?

If so, does it have a footrest bracket which attaches to the frame by the kickstand?

If you answered yes to both questions, and you are willing to remove and send me the bracket, I will reward you with internet money (paypal) or real money (if your local) or a money order (if thats what your into).

So please, this is one of the last parts I need to start riding Chappy regularly, which I really should as its kitted and has a shit ton of power, but no place to put my feet.

Thank you.

I could also use a good headlight if you have one.

Re: WTB: Yamaha Chappy (parts)

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

bump

LB50 Chappys used pedals that doubled as footrests. I have owned several Chappys and only one ever had these pedals? For some reason everyone takes them off. Maybe most people like to ride dragging their feet?? You can make your own using moped pedal shaft and modifying it to work.

I know of a Chappy with footrests. I was JUST out at the salvage yard and saw it today.

The only question that remains is how bad you want it. That's a lot of gas for me. :(

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

damn. Well hey, if your back there in the near future and the part remains, grab it, yes? If I get one before then, I'll update this.

My chappy originally had pedals, but has been modified with a non-pedal swingarm to accommodate a pipe.

maybe some yamaha QT50 pegs would work? They mount to the engine mounting bolts, which are in the same location on a chappy. I also have a QT50 headlight and headlight bucket (100% same as chappy light)

i took the footpegs off one chappy and tried to mount them to a once-had-pedals-but-doesnt-now chappy.. they don't fit. you're better off getting some bolt-on footpegs from 1977mopeds.

LB80's had the footrests

So which one is the shaft drive bike again?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account