Yamaha 1980 QT50

Looking to buy a Yamaha 1980 QT50 for $200.

Seller says it runs, but needs a new battery.

Is this bike worth $200 or should i try to talk him down.

Re: Yamaha 1980 QT50

Carey Kiernan /

I bought a 1986 QT 50 in fair condition, it has surface rust from being in a damp shed for 15 years. I cleaned out the carb and flushed the tank for good measure and checked the lubriacation pump for flow once I got it running on premix. Drained the premix and ran great with the lube pump connected. I paid $50.

If you buy this be sure to disconnect the headlight and taillight until you can verify that the voltage regulator is working of you'll blow out the lights and you cannot get a new replacement for the original 6 volt headlight. If you need to you can retrofit the original bulb with a new 12volt bulb for about $30 or make the mod yourself for under $10 (search the forums for bulb retrofit, I think) you can operate the bike without the battery but make sure you insulate the battery wires and that the voltage regulator is working. New battery is aprox $13 + SH

Yamaha 1980 QT50

I love my ,qt if it runs, and is not to beat up thats not a bad deal, it aint great either.

If it idles fine, and runs good then Id say 200 is fair.

I paid 300 for mine, but had very minimal rust, and after a good cleaning (carb, etc) runs great.

ill sell you my qt50 in excellent condition...if you want to drive to minneapolis that is.

---------------- LaZer ------------* /

How much do you want for it? Does it have a title? I in the Twin Cities often and would be interested in your QT50 if you are serious about selling it. Thanks.

John Schneider /

Alex,

Very interested, Email or give me a call 1-507-665-4210

interested in your qt do you still have it

contact me if you still have the qt

E-mail sent re QT-50

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account