Sparta front fender black cable guide thingy

I need it. My front fender and brake assembly wont attach without it. I'm currently rocking front brakes held solely by 5 zip ties and a hose clamp.

Re: Sparta front fender black cable guide thingy

pump and dump bump

i know you probably thought of this , but if you ask that dude in Virginia Beach for one, he will likely tell you that he doesnt have one or you will have to buy the whole set of forks, but then turn right around and list one on ebay.

Seems like he's that kinda guy.

HA! that asshole was the one who sold me the fender without it. I told him it wouldn't mount without that, and basically that the fender is useless without it.. and that currently my brake assembly is being held together by hose clamp and 5 zip ties.. and he told me "Don't contact me again, asshole." after letting me know that he wont budge on $18 plus shipping for that piece.

Fuck that. I'm going to get a welder to help make a new one.

erin, if you're just talking about the bracket that your fender goes on then there is a slight possibility that i might have one, i'll check tonight though and let you know.

its the black long roundish on top thing that helps the fender/brake assembly mount... let me know. it fits on the inside of the forks.

bingo, i have an extra one that was just hanging out in my box of moped crap. e-mail me.

Ya mr virginia beach dude is not the friendly type is he

yay team foxi!

it will be good to see erin's up and running.

Yeah....he's pretty cut and dry...but he does have a shit load of Foxi parts in REALLY good shape.

I actually had a really good transaction with him. I got EVERYTHING I needed. We just spent a lot of emails back and forth getting the details done right.

Full set of forks with bearings, triple tree, and head light bracket

Two near MINT tank covers

pedals and crank levers

Head light and speedo

A little more than I wanted to spend...but what can I say...he had them, I was desperate. Now I'll be able to finish my build.

I still need a pet cock, gas cap, set, and maybe a front fender.

magnum petcock will work

he has a gas cap listed

Awesome.....thanks Andrew.

Hey, we're going to have to meet up one of these days, by the way. I think I've already told you that I'm finally headed back to Boston in a few weeks. This Sparta build is for my girlfriend. I'm trying to get her into peds. Just powder coated her frame last night. Came out great.

So...yeah, we're actually looking to live on the north shore perhaps...great place to ride.

I'll lookin into getting a magnum petcock.

Thanks, man.

erin, i sent your little bracket out on sat. it should be there in a few days. i had some hardware that i think came off of it, but it disappeared into the inner reaches of my bag never to be found again, sorry about that. you'll have the important part though, and the hardware should be fairly easy to find.

77 has sparta petcocks as well dude

thanks, dom. I got it today! when will you be in the midwest so i can buy you a drink? :)

dang, that was pretty fast. i'm not quite sure when the next time is i'll be heading that direction, but its okay i'm a non-drinker. maybe a cookie instead though.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account