Parts Database

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have an idea for a parts database - users will be able to list their parts in an account.... Maybe the users will need to be pre-screened before they will be registered. They'll need proof of quality - many here on MA would instantly be accepted, others will need to prove it somehow, maybe some notorious people could vouch for you....

Anyway, I can't build this myself, I'm not a very good programmer. I figure we just need a database, could have the fields Name, email, Model, Part, Picture Link, etc. It would be searchable.... Should be accessible by mysql or something, output to webpages. If I don't get an immediate response, I'll have to do some footwork to find some open source code that I can use.

Piles of parts out there, would make the community better if we had them cataloged and put online by reputable sellers.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account