Boston, ma...trade my 2 near-running for 1 run

i've got NO free time for the next year and a half and too many mopeds looking at me. looking to trade my two near-running mopeds for a runner...prefer puch or tomos so I can have to option to kit if I fall into some money in the future...but will consider any decent peds.

first moped!

i am still stuck with this amf! thought i just sold it on ebay but turns out that the buyers son had put in a bid without the parents permission. good thing i'm a nice and understanding person! lol.

82 amf roadmaster that i got from andrew and was running at the time. its a beauty thanks to my lovely cosmetic work, but timing needs to be tuned. getting some pops and white smoke when i try to start it up. only 369 original miles on it. has drop bars on it now, comes with original ape bars, spare tailight, front fender, tank decals.

second moped!

79 indian that i got from daytrippers son last year. it ran like a big shiny gem. 4 stroke, hit 35 on flat land and hauls ass up the hill i live on. only thing it was lacking when i got it was working turn signals...not a big boo-hoo there. i took it apart over the winter because i didn't like the red rainbow look to it...so stripped the decals, prepped and repainted the frame flat black, stuck on some low-rise bars, and got the parts to make the turn signals work. nothing wrong with it, just needs to be rewired. she's gorgeous and i might seesaw again and decide to keep her...but for now have decided to include it in the trade so I can free up some room in my studio. i have a detailed wiring diagram (color coded) and the owners manual. photo doesn't do it justice.

i'm in boston with the ability to travel with the peds...so if your in the new england area feel free to chat me up at jhc.design@gmail.com

1208988782_dscf9263.jpg

Re: Boston, ma...trade my 2 near-running for 1 run

amf.

1208988810_7503_1.jpg

Brendan Chenelle /

oh man, that sounds like a good deal....

I might be tempted, I have to think about it...

I have a kitted newport and a pug 103.

sparta?

BY THE WAY

If your considering buying that AMF, its a fine rocking bike with a clean tank and a nice Jackson Painted Frame.

It just needs to have the points adjusted so they open and close, it runs fine, pulls like a minerlli should. Its well worth looking at.

that AMF is hot. i wish i had more running peds...

if i had a puch id deffinatly trade ya i aint gut nop puchs and i just sold my running carabela

jay any luck diggin up one of them engines for trade?

toehead...if you decide your into the idea...send me a photo of the newport.

andrew...that sparta i saw of your is prolly one of the sexiest mopeds i've ever seen. i'll keep that in mind but think i'll see if any puch/tomos trades come up.

i just talked to ed im going up there tomorrow to help him get his jialing running

Brendan Chenelle /

Will do.

Nobody, NOBODY gets a Sparta from me that has to think about finding a Puch or a Tomos to trade for first LOL.

I may buy that AMF back from ya tho.

lol...andrew. i need a bike in tow that i won't have to stress about getting parts for if i get hit by a car or some boston pot hole takes me out. besides...that thing is so pretty i'd be afraid to make it my daily rider. that'd be my..."i'm feeling sexy today" moped...and hell i only feel sexy like once a month.

Brendan Chenelle /

The newport is in very nice shape.

It does NOT have pedals. The pedal crank was broken by a kid I mistakenly let ride it, and it now has pegs.

you should feel sexy every single time you have 50ccs between your legs.

i know i do.

lol...excited, yes...sexy, no.

toehead-got a pic?

Brendan Chenelle /

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/64090/64090/

There she is.

I'm still on the fence though, shes my first ped.

toe-no hurry in deciding. the indian was my first ped, so i'm on the fence too. i'm trying to make myself stay realistic in my decision...no free time, and lack of space for multiple mopeds.

so the peg thing...enlighten my non-mechanical thinking mind...how do you start it up?

if you happen to decide you want to trade by tonight, lol...i'm going to be in grafton tomorrow if you want to meet up there...think its halfway between you and me but not sure. if you decide yes i'll make myself just say yes and go for it.

baump

bump. will sell them together or separate too.

how much for da amf?

you wanna buy it back for real? where the hell do you keep all your peds man!? lol. will email you.

Brendan Chenelle /

Are you still interested?

toe, still interested, though am chatting with andrew on the amf, but both are still avail at this point.

email me at jhc.design@gmail.com if you want to chat more.

Brendan Chenelle /

Thanks,

After a lot of thought, I just can't bring myself to give up my first ped. If you had wanted the pug 103 u3, I would have done it in a second.

shoot that 103 is still an awesome deal.

i wish i lived closer i would trade you my maxi or targa. it would be hard for me to let go of the maxi cause its my first bike, and i dream about her all night. but i do want an indian moped. but argh too many decision. oh well. nice bikes though

toe-no problemo, totally understand!

I've got an '86 Maxi I'd trade up for something not running, I'll email you pics

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account