-AMF then under it says "Americanmotherfucker"

-looks really sharp

located in New Hampshire

1208719574_dsc00711.jpg

Re: F/S 1983 AMF moped

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

buuuut it's italian..

American Machine and Foundry or AMF was founded in 1900 and was once one of the largest recreational equipment companies in the United States.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

but it's not an american moped in any shape or forum.. it's a minirelli moped, made in italy.

then again, it is pretty american to buy up foreign products, slap an american name on it and resell it, right?

american with an italian engine. who cares, great ped. amf owned harley. they were smart to put an awesome engine in their ped and ditch the previous mccullough crap. yours looks great!

i just put mine on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling&viewitem=&item=110244645471&_trksid=p3907.m32

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

the frame isn't american either, that's just another generic italian moped that many many companies were buying and slapping their names on. i'm not saying they are bad bikes, in fact they are awesome bikes, they just happen to be as american as my vespa ciao is all.

not trying to be mean or anything, i just thought it was funny it says "americanmotherfucker" on the side of an italian moped.

its pretty american to use foreign parts and/or have them built in foreign countries and stick an american name on it...amf was just ahead of its time, lol.

anyone?

if you can match the paint I would paint over the america motherfucker part...prolly get more interested. stick it on craigslist. parent would be more likely to buy it for their kid without the american motherfucker. you did a really nice job with the paint though!

the frame fork and wheels are made in usa on those AMF copied the italian frame but its not the same the wheel hubs are more narrow than the italian wheels so you cant even swap wheels from other italian peds everything is different but looks like a demm frame

all the plastic is US made too

they are nice

How much?

Who cares who made it? It's got one of the best engines money can buy AND it's Italian! What's not to love?

I mean, aside from the text on the side.

If I had the money, I'd snatch this up. Maybe you'd take a trade?

Need to get $500 for it. Only trades would be landscaping equipment.

columbia's and amf's were made here stateside just like murrays then powered with an aftermarket motor.

id give ya 300 bucks for that.

Thanks for the offer but I can't go that low. I'm also interested in commercial lawn equipment.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account