1977 Mint Baretta Piccoli For Sale

Needs a few stiches on the seams of the original seat and a new complete rear brake cable. Odometer cable needs a small fix. Other then that, perfect. Starts right up! Runs.

No paper work, might be able to get it, but not sure. You will not find one this close to new, ever.

909 908 4390

Looks like it is 3 months old!

Serious offers accepted

1208315711_moped1.jpg

Re: 1977 Mint Baretta Piccoli For Sale

i love you made a whole profile just to sell and that "serious" offers will be accepted.

i seriously offer you $10. i am not kidding.

this is a baretta 44, not a piccoli......... just so you know

Didn't know how the site worked. Listed the moped in the wrong area. No need to be a d*** about it. I removed the ad on my profile. Don't worry, I'll be out of this area once the moped sells.

I believe thats the point, Thomas. Noone cares what you put in your profile so much as that you joined the site solely for the purpose of selling a moped...thats not really what the site is about. Yes, we buy sell and trade mopeds, but its more about community...to just join and sell a moped that you happen to have is not what we're after.

That's cool. But it is still America, and I fought for the right to post a for sale ad. Not the end of the world.

They are cool, and I'd love to keep it, just no room. I want someone who is into them to have it, that's why it is for sale here too.

Uh, no...freedom doesn't mean you can post whatever you want on a private website. Currently anyone can post here, but lets not conflate that with it being a public resource. Simon _lets_ us post on his website, it's not a right you're born with.

I'm sure most people here are grateful for your service, we just think your bike is overpriced and don't really appreciate the use of the forums to just dump a 'ped. That's what Craigslist and eBay are for.

Well then, what is is worth, so I can dump it quick, and get off this website for good. It is now $950, so maybe that will help.

it looks to be in very good condition

It is not considered a collector's moped (sears allstate) or a hot moped (puch magnum)

you do not have a title which lowers the value

you are in CA which can raise the value

if you can sell it in the bay area, it can go higher

you may only get half of what you are asking. $500

moped army tends to be made up of bottom feeders.

you may do better on craigslist or ebay.

try a search here in the buy sell and see what people have asked for it in the past.

i seriously offered $10. you must accept. this webpage is a legal binding document.

Hard to say; theres no Blue Book of moped values that I'm aware of. However, I'd say we rarely see peds on this site go for over 800...even the nicest ones. Museum quality doesn't typically add much value here either, as most of these bikes will be ridden and worked on, and most people here are fully capable of tearing a rustbucket down to the frame and rebuilding it.

It's impossible to say for sure, but you might get $600 for it. I'd say you'd have a better chance on Craigslist, though, where someone might be looking for economical, hassle-free transportation. Most people here ride their mopeds every day, but, as I said, initial quality is not a big value-add for us...we usually plan on tearing them apart anyway.

I really don't think that $950 is grossly out of line. It is more than I'd pay but it's a beautiful moped. How many of those are left in that condition? Not many. Thing is, there aren't really a lot of moped "collectors" out there looking for museum quality pieces. We have a lot of hoarders here but not many collectors. Good luck with the sale.

Dude you calling me a hoarder?

I might be , but id only pay 600 for that.

Pretty bike though aint it!

Naw, i looked at the picture again. Id pay more than 6.

Can we call it 8?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Cool bike, just like a Lemm frame. In the bay area you could probably get 8 for it. I love minty bikes. I wish I had more of them. Only 2 in the shed right now. Only 1 is mine.

mattsmith has a good point

The best offer so far is $600, therefore your $10 offer is not the "best".

ahh, but I think th $10 is the most serious. anyone who says other wise has never seen matt "serious face" smith.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

if i had $400 in cash, burning a hole in my pocket, i would consider it.. but $800 for a baretta is grossly overpriced.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

i should have looked at the picture before i opened my big mouth, that thing is super nice. i wouldn't pay that much for it because i'm broke, but if is as nice as it looks in that picture, someone probably would.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account