Attention Jake: RE "N.O.S"

Ok Jake , I have head from a few folks out there that your a nice guy who is kinda overwhelmed with the prospect of selling moped parts on line, and that your thinking of maybe not doing it anymore.

That's for you to decide.

There's also been alota buzz surrounding , well , your kinda coming up , surfacing and then kinda just buggering off.

Thats up to you if its true if you wish to continue doing that. Probably not a prudent business strategy for the future.

HOWEVER: I understand maybe your new at this, being, ah...a teenager and all so let me be really clear - N.O.S. means NEW OLD STOCK

When you sell a e50 case to somebody as N.O.S. it means , well, you found it somewhere unused, and its old parts stock. Kinda goes without saying.

For future referece - What you sold me as a "NOS" puch e50 case is a fairly to really clean e50 case that has been run before

NOS parts dont smell of two stroke and gas and they dont have wear marks from where the crank bearing sat, and they dont have marks on em from where the clutch side gasket was removed, nor do they have Pitted marks in the case that have been cleaned up

I actually believe your probably and allright guy, and no i dont want my money back and no , your not getting the case back and yeah, i get it this aint ebay, but in the future make sure you look really close at what your representing as NOS.

Because you could have sold that case for what it is, a really nicely shined used case - for the same amount of money, and not inadvertantly mislrepresenting the item.

Attention Jake: RE "N.O.S"

Just wait till his dad emails you. It's pretty funny.

Re: Attention Jake: RE "N.O.S"

I'm not bitching him out, im not insulting him, im even giving him the benefit of the doubt. If what i wrote is considered anthing but sound business sense the SO BE IT!

Oh yeah they dont have pitting on the studs and rust from where two dissimalar metals once touched ( the cylinder that was on there ) unless you took apart a fully together e50, which, im betting ya didnt do.

Hey andrew you forgot NO APOLOGYS

LOL

Good Point. NO APPOLOGY.

And ya, it aint ebay, but you do get feedback.

At least you got something sent to you, Im still waiting for my "NOS" A3 case from 3/29 (I live <3 hours away)...Im letting PayPal straighten it out...

Re: Attention Jake: RE &quot;N.O.S&quot;

Other option would have been to email him directly vs a public forum .

I think it's appropriate to place this here and not an email. Jake peddles his parts on this forum on a regular basis. People need to see what they might be in for. It's one thing to mess up on shipping or accidentally send the wrong part. That can be handled by email. But to lie about an item that you are selling? That is deception from the get go and deserves to be called out.

Attention Jake: RE &quot;N.O.S&quot;

This absolutely should have been an email, and NOT a post. In the future keep all Buy sell shit off the forums, and in email. You got your parts, you didn't get fully ripped off, dont fuck with the dude on here. Write him an email, or GASP! call him, and sort shit out.

Attention Jake: RE &quot;N.O.S&quot;

Brennan, I totally disagree.

Did Andrew get his parts? No, he did not get his NOS parts that he paid for. This isn't a case where the used items weren't quite as nice as described and Andrew needs to call and get things straightened out. They simply were not new as described.

Did he get fully ripped off? Yes. It'd be like ordering a new Ipod Touch from Apple and getting one with fingerprint smudge marks all over the screen.

If people don't let others know that a seller is dishonest in their listings, how is everyone else to know? Sure, Andrew can call him and get it sorted out but what about the next guy? Should he have to call and sort it out also because the seller misrepresented an item? How many times does this have to happen before he can be publicly denounced? It would never happen because no one would ever know that someone else got screwed too if it weren't for posts like this.

I hope this isn't the "NOS" E-50 case and main gear I paid him for on 3/28/08 and still haven't gotten?

I've sent him a couple e-mails, no reply.

Last time I bought from Jake it was a supposed "NOS" benelli pancake exhaust, well it was NOS but it was for a Mineralli. I paid right away, it took months to get it, and then took another couple of months to get a refund. There were many e-mails sent by me, not many by Jake. It took forever but in the end Jake made it right.

I have yet to hear from him on this last transaction and I've sent him a couple e-mails asking if he shipped yet. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for little while longer (or maybe it the benefit of hope, as I really want a nice clean case for this project).

I agree that this sort of thing should be discussed on the forums. Would you bid on something if the person had 100 negative feedbacks and 10 positive ones?

do a search on this guy, then decide if you want to buy stuff from him.

being told to fuck off by a 17 year old pretty much ended my doing business with him.

If he sends you the same case derek you will be fine. its worth what he charged, but dont put your life on hold for that mother of all cases just fire up the wire wheel anb polish up a new case!

What about all the other people that had issues with this guy? Should they just all email em and let eveyone else take the same gamble?

Do a search.

In the future keep all Buy sell shit off the forums

I thought this was an appropriate place to put suggestions regarding buying and selling, in the buy and sell forum.

If i hadnt written this post, someone else would have.

You ah...tried emailing this dude yourself ever?

There is a pretty good pile of us guys here that sell and buy from each other on a regular basis. It saves paypal and ebay fee's much of the time, and the sellers almost always represent what they sell very accurately. Read my post. I never said the guy should be tarred and feathered , never even said he deliberately hosed me. I just dont think he knows what he's selling.

Seems like ebay would be a great place.

i bought a set of nos wheels from jake 6months ago for a great price and shipped in a reasonable time.

sounds like he's just a kid who messed up.... i know the feeling. Just make sure he doesn't rip you off and then let him be.

he didnt just mess up. he's fucked around with a slew of people on these forums (including me). he's a terrible seller and someone the moped army should avoid at all costs. i'm sure he's had some successful sales go through, but the amount of people he's ripped off or lied to far outweighs the good transactions.

fuck him. i'll tell anyone who will listen to never buy from the kid and encourage others to do the same. this is how we do our own policing.

jake has never misrepresented anything that I have bought from him., and I have always felt he was fair in his pricing..he has even sent me extra stuff sometimes.........HOWEVER......I agree he is a slow shipper and is terrible about communication........I dont think hes being intentionally dishonest.......I just think hes bitten off a little more than he can chew,,,,,,,just my humble opinion.......

To clarify - I don't belive that when he held the part in his hand he thought it was anything but NOS. I believe he thought it was. I do not believe he was being dishonest.

I was clarifying what i think are the difference between something that looks awesome and something that is NOS.

I've heard a bunch of reasons that have been given why folks had issues with him. They surround poor communication, slow shipping.

You don't HAVE to piss around with people even if they are younger, busier, more new then you when they are playing business. Selling people stuff for thier hard earned money then not following through with the hard part - dropping it in the mail is bad business.

Whats the worst thing that someone new to business learns from somebody like me writing this? Not to shit where you eat? Thats an important thing to learn.

andrew i have had great dealings with steve P., 1977, mopedjunkyard, treats (very very good), handybikes, quarterkick, and le goeland from ebay.fr. i bought from jake once and had a difficult time also. my sympathies. it did work out in the end, though, i must say. it took a long time, but it did work out.

Treat, Handibikes, Quarterkick, that dude Kev from Moped Recyclers , mopedshop.com have all been fine. When i have taken the advice of others and called 77 mopeds, they sent me parts very quickly.

oh and what am I, andrew, chopped meat?? haha i kid. thanks for the props Mike. lemme know if you still want that carcass bottom end. sittin on my floor right now..

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

I was just thinking the other day that this forum needs a feedback system. Back in the day when i used to sell PB guns, the forums had a feedback system so you know what to expect from sellers. I mean it couldn't hurt.

yes Kev sent me a motor for a good price in good time too, i forgot! steve i lost that last email, did you say you had a tail light? i just need the base and one screw, i have the rest!

free market is fun, hunh ;)

in all fairness i appreciate what jake sold me, the price was fair, the goods correct, it just took forever and was ambiguous for a long time longer than necessary.

i say keep at it jaker, just keep improving, make things right with folks and keep the parts coming. we need them!

all i said was i dont have any spares... i took a bail the other day and dont even have an extra for myself. shame shame. the engine is still yours though if you want it.

Steve is selling parts? Oh moby stuff.

Bump I dont like to flame people but if I give someone money I think I should get parts. One more unhappy person

he quit the forums. good luck getting your shit now.

I will still try

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account