'53 mobylette kaptein

gorhay poliraka /

I will be selling my 100% original 1953 Kaptein ped. It is complete except for the right chainguard, headlamp, gas cap and left crank. It is untouched and will clean up very nice. Even the tires appear to be original and still hold air. Tank is clean inside and out. I have never run the motor as this was a display bike but it has excellent compression. I will also consider parting it out. I am open to offers and located just north of Detroit in Beverly Hills, Mi 48025. You can email me direct at hufoleums@yahoo.com

I am also open to trades on other peds.

'53 mobylette kaptein

Do you have any pictures of it? I may be interested.

Please don't part it out.

Re: '53 mobylette kaptein

pics please.

I am looking for another ped :)

definitely need pics

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

my interest is peaked.

gorhay poliraka /

I just put up another post with a photo at 18:07 4-10-08

Email me direct at hufoleums@yahoo.com and I can send more images and close-ups.

Thanks for your interest!

gorhay poliraka /

Email me direct at hufoleums@yahoo.com and I can send more images and close-ups.

gorhay poliraka /

gorhay poliraka /

Another pic

1207865654_img_2780.jpg

gorhay poliraka /

Here is a photo, email me for more if interested.

hufoleums@yahoo.com

Thanks!

1207865766_img_2779.jpg

How much?

gorhay poliraka /

There has been such little interest in the bike that I just threw it up on Ebay to get rid of it. If it doesn't sell I will part it out in the next week or so.

Thanks for your interest

Dont Part it out whatever you do,that would be a waste!!! Its complete and you make it sound like its in good shape, thats an old ass moped.If I lived in Mich. Id buy it.

gorhay poliraka /

Thanks for looking. The bike is actually safe now as it currently has a bid and the auction has no reserve. I did hope it would go to someone who would appreciate it for the beautiful old machine that it is. I love it and love looking at it but just don't have the space or time to fully appreciate it to its full potential.

PT Barnum put the mojo on the bidder at eBay...

more than I would've spent...thanks for posting/not parting out...it'sa beaut!

gorhay poliraka /

Hi,

Just curious if I understood your message. You would not have paid $155.00 for the bike?

Thanks,

BAK

yea, more than Id've spent...

factoring in the price of parts (if you can find em') and the fact that this is an older ped (ie...slower/underpowered)...$155 is more than I'd pesonally spend (for a non-running machine).

I'm only 1 guy, and those are my personal opinions...not meant to be a slam in any way, just a statement of opinion.

Good luck selling this good looking machine...I'm sure plenty of people will appreciate it. A bit fragile for a daily rider tho.

Peace - mudoven

gorhay poliraka /

Thanks for the response, I totally understand your point.

B.

in my opinion, this is totally an amazing bike, but if I owned it, I'd prolly leave it in the living room, and show it to guests, and polish it a lot. It's not exactly something I'd ride to the bar. Still, I'd wager a guess that it'll get to over $155, there's some collectors in Michigan...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account