building a moped

hey I've been looking at a Tomos Targa lx as my first moped after i get a job. but I've been wondering how to build the engine itself? can anyone tell me all the parts needed to build the engine, and possible the rest so i can get a decent price barring? the wheels, chassi, swing arms, and fenders aren't needed of course.

Re: building a moped

fish_SHARK /

just buy an entire motor

ehh. you'd probably have a harder time finding all the individual parts then a spare engine. how about get an engine, then completely disassemble it and rebuild it? you'll learn just as much and it will be easier.

true... any tips on where to find one for a decent price? (yes i know about 1977 mopeds)

i doubt 1977 mopeds really has a complete engine for sale very often (if ever..) as... generally they only sell complete bikes as well...

try right here...? on moped army..? in the buy/sell forum...?

yea i'd say right here dude. or check your craiglist regularly to see what comes up. and ebay.

do you know what engine type you want? there are 2 or 3 tomos engines and i dont know anything about any of them.

maybe you could find just a bottom end from someone here (im sure you can), and then decide what you wanna do for the top end? There are a lot of options.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account