Michigan Peds

Looking for project bikes. junked partially assembled, whatever ya got.

Grand Rapids.

Re: Michigan Peds

If you want a dismantled Solex I might have something for you. Email me if interested.

what year?

I have a 1977 Puch maxi, looks OK $500

I basically have a stockpile of dismantled Solexes of various years and I could most likely set you up with enough parts to build one minus a few odds and ends that you might have to get. Something to think about if you're feeling ambitious.

I have a bunch of projects:

Franco-Morini Pacer: disassembled but complete. Engine is 95% assembled, turns over but doesn't run yet. Rims, gas tank and exhaust have rust, frame is in nice shape. $150

Batavus Startflites: Two nearly complete bikes, one complete engine. One is a top tank. The body parts on teh top-tank need to be stripped and repainted, frame and body parts on the other are pretty good. More than enough parts to make a complete bike, I've put together a complete engine but that's as far as I've gotten. $175 for both.

General 5-star top tank: Complete, including side covers. Has the coveted Sachs 505-1D engine. The keyway on the crank needs to be repaired and the bike needs to be rewired, needs a few cables etc. This is a great bike, loaded with potential. $200.

I have a few running bikes for sale too, and I live right down the street from Nate. Make the trip to Ferndale and we'll hook you up.

Dibs on the general! Email sent.

Amy! Don't you mean "dibs on the 7 dismantled Solexes"!?

Hah, I'll let Nate take those beasts

you got any pictures?

mmmm 505 D motor.

I can send you some pics tonight. The Batavus bikes are in fairly rough shape, the Pacer's rims and tank are rusty but the frame is pretty nice. It's red. One Batavus is gray, the other (including the top tank parts) has been painted dark blue and silver by a previous owner. It's probably the worst paint job I've ever seen, you'll need to redo it. But the body parts from the gray one are pretty good, you could use those until you get the top tank painted.

does that mean your got rid of the general?

Yes, Amy snapped up the General within minutes. The other bikes are still up for grabs.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account