wtb: moped for a "hefty" friend

so my buddy that is a bit on the "hefty" side wants to buy a moped. there are 3 of us out here that have mopeds and he really wants to get one to ride with us. he is about a good 220lbs. anyone with any suggestions? help me out!

Re: wtb: moped for a "hefty" friend

Get him a 2 speed what ever you get. Something kitted for more power if you can find it.

Motobecane or Gadabout.

220 aint bad i weigh like 235 and i ride a minarelli and its fine

i even have a solex that goes good with me on it

any ped can handle the weight

Eat alot of salad . Then get a puch

Cleats Onionpockets /

Or don't, and get a puch anyway. Mine handles my 6'1" 280 pound frame just fine. I just take a little longer to get up to speed.

Get a Motobecane for anybody!

Timmy Southpark /

my buddy is like 260lbs and he rides a 96 targa lx i found him for $220.

It already had a bi-turbo on it and it still accerates decent and pulls him to 35mph or so pretty easily. I did some minor porting but a lightly modded tomos should get him around fine.

and really most mopeds will haul him around. Its all in the gearing.

I weigh 235 and all peds I have owned will pull me up to the govened speed. Some just take a little longer and slow on the hills.

Raz

George Smith /

My jawa hauls my ass as good now as it did when I was 14 so im pretty sure any ped will be fine...

what is a bio-turbo

A....P....e....r....f....o....r....m....a....n....c....e....e...x...a...u...s...t...f...o.....r....m....o....p....e....d....s.....

plus it is a "bi" se, I mean turbo

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account