Looking for 76 Motobecane 50V chain guards.

I'm looking for both the right and left chain guards for my yellow 1976 Motobecane 50V (you might recognize it as the one that was on Ebay a few weeks ago).

My parents have threatened to not come to my funeral if I get sucked into the chain and die, and I'd rather appease them if possible. I saw the pair on Ebay but I think those are going to go for way out of my price range (under $50-60? no idea what these things cost, enlighten me if it's a lot more). Local would be great (I live in Boston and can get around MA, southern NH and VT, maybe also northern CT) but not necessary if shipping isn't ridiculous.

Condition doesn't matter too much as long as they are functional.

Re: Looking for 76 Motobecane 50V chain guards.

man wish i had something for ya... im parting out a couple mobys right now. if you need anything else, hit me up.

-Steve

im going to be picking up a moby this week sometime the guy is giving me a bunch of parts with it if there is side covers il let ya know

Dude,

Go get some lexan at home depot and cut out a set of your own. Make a template out of cardboard first to get the shape right. Moby sidecovers can be made fairly easy and lexan is better than plexi for drilling holes.

i'm seeing what i (read: all the males in my life) can do with aluminum and some saws. maybe i will check out this lexan stuff. we'll see!

Email me. Keep bugging me. I know where there is a set.

im local

browningphoto@yahoo.com

but ill forget if you dont bug me.

White set would look great on that yellow ped

OK i'll make some out of fiberglass. send me some and i'll get a batch going.

susan wear vans or velcros in the meantime and put tensor bandages round your jeans. or wear some tall boots.

seriously anyone who can, send me some 50V sidecovers and i'll get the molds going.

msg here or mike_alanko@hotmail.com.

i can bust out my vans. i think i can skip the tall boots. my jeans are really really skinny (also my couch is a mess right now).

i think rocky made me some out of styrene (i have no idea what that is) so i might have a temp fix :)

1207145735_dsc00110.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account