78 Maxi 1.5 In Mass F/S

I have a 78 Maxi for sale here in mass. Its whole, its all there, the tank seems nice especially around the headtube, the e50 is free and did run for a sec with carb cleaner.

The bike will need some good old tlc and some stuff, a newer seat or some custom cloth, a headlight, the drive chain is currently soaking in wd40 but it might have given up the ghost, and the bike is kinda in need of a general cleaning. Typical Maxi as far as i see. Oh it will need tires too. But dont they all? Cables for brakes seem ok. Carb will need to be de gooped before the throttle works. Its red. Pretty standard maxi stuff, easy to get parts for this stuff....

250 or impress me with a killer trade lol

Re: 78 Maxi 1.5 In Mass F/S

andrew could u put up a pic thanks tony

Hey andrew why u selling that ped so cheap hang on to it till spring and double your money

250 so cheap for a non runner? cheap is when you get it for $100 from the craigslist find

Hmm.. Lets see....

250 is what its worth to me right now. Its also worth 250 too your average guy.

its worth way more than that if i rip it apart and sell it like carrion on ebay there patpollin.

You know what is a re-occuring theme in all the posts that i post here in the buy and sell about mopeds?

There's always someone that doestn think ill get the money.

You know what other two themes hold true?

I always do, and i never have any complaints.

How's that grab ya.

It is worth 250 for exactly the reason dan wrote, it i chuck a day at it, it will run and go for way more in spring. So if it doesent, ill keep it.

Then you can tell me i wont get 500 for it all compounded, waxed , with new tires and a fuel flush and a tune up.

And you will be wrong then too...

so it goes.

you know what i love? the guys on here that snag an amazing moped find off craigslist for less than a hundred bucks...but then forget that those random craigslist finds don't actually represent the actual going rate for a moped from one moped enthusiast to another. hey pat...i got an mb5 once for 75 bucks off craigslist...but I still know 250 for a decent puch, from andrew no less, is a cheap and good deal.

thing is the puch craigslist find is getting fewer and fewer between, people know that they are worth something. Hell when the go to craigs to put em up, there are 7 ads saying "looking for a puch moped" ( no thats not me ) but they know they are on to something. Barns are getting cleaned out now. they are out there still, but not like 3 years ago...

plus at the end of the day a not rusty tank maxi is hard to find.

an mb5 for 75?!?! screw you man, lol

he had it, ill back him up.

It wasnt concours ready, but it was an mb5

yeah who is that posting all over craigslist for puchs? they are quite vigilant about it, ha ha, seems like a new post goes up every few days. props to him/her for putting out the effort.

its the dude in kingston, he's a buyer reseller. Nothing wrong with that per se, but he's not collecting those...

Would you do shipping? I would pay 250 plus 125 to get the bike here. I called about that Vespa Bravo in South Dakota. the seller wanted 425 up front, and then he would try to "deliver the bike at a convenient time". yeah right. I got another ped that Im trying to go after too, but im just keeping my options open as there is practically nothing in MN right now.

Paul

In my opinion, I think $250 is a great price! Like Andrew said, a Maxi with a rust free tank is an unusual find now, and to find one that is basically a running bike with minimal TLC for that kind of dough is unusual, at least in Mass.

there was actually no mention of you not being able to sell it at 250 nor the price of 250 being unfair... I was just commenting on how the first guy felt like it was the deal of the century-

I love the guys that forget the actual going rate of mopeds too.. I'm not one of them- my running sachs is up for $200

Im not really going on about you dude, its all the people on freaking craigslist. Thats why its here and not on there.

id buy a running sachs for 200 bucks

is it a 505 or a 504?

andrew

Andrew got anything you want to trade for my 50VLX?

its a 505 , balboa

should have specified - there is no letter after the 505 on the engine plate but it is an A head

Hell, I'd buy a Balboa for 200 bucks. Those have coaster brakes!!!! please make another thread for that bike and post pics.

yes coaster brake is king, but this one is in CT... I will make a thread for it when I get pictures though

Chris- i have just about everything to trade for that moby, but nothing french!

4 sparta's 2 puchs' a sachs and a murray....and a NVT that im gonna keep. I do really like that Moby tho...

maybe if i can sell one or two of these!

All i can say is 3 years from now your gonna wish you bought this. LOL

yeah Reggie he was the one that came to look at my indian he only wanted to give me $100 for it cause it wouldnt start

yeah , you sell anyone an indian for 100 bucks and you should have your head examined.

yep i told him il put it back on my workbench and it can sit there for another 3 years

i dont care if i sell it or not someday i might get it running again

worth more to you dude.

And it is sweet too

SOMEBODY BUY THIS FOR 200 DOLLARS SO I CAN WORK ON OTHER PROJECTS PLEASE~

I may buy it for 200 plus shipping. Send me some pics by email.

Paul

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account