WTB: project moped or running moped (PA)

Zack Rineer /

I am looking for a moped that has a little cosmetic damage or a moped that needs a little carb work. I am not looking for one that needs major engine work... I want to spend about $150 or so, maybe a little more...

I am in Lancaster, PA! let me know what you have..

Re: WTB: project moped or running moped (PA)

I have a beat Safari project if you're into it. I have to start on it this week, but you could always buy it as-is.

Here's a photo.

1203279167_dscf1008.jpg

Zack Rineer /

That is pretty beat but I like it! I put a posting on craigslist and this guy wants to get rid a 50cc yamaha for $50.. I am just waiting to see a picture of that because im not sure if its a little dirtbike or moped..

I will get back to you on that though for sure.. How much are you asking for it as is? And I really don't wanna get into engine work, but I might go for it...

How much are you asking for it? (i have to ask) haha

I would take $150 for it, and I'll make sure the motor turns over, has compression and spark.

You yourself will need to clean out the tank, carb, change oil...go over tires, tubes, brakes, wheel bearings, lights, etc. It's a lot of work resurrecting one from the dead. That's why the price goes up to $350 on most of this stuff after it's fully functional.

Zack Rineer /

I understand.. Do you have all the side covers for it and stuff?? Is it complete?? I know you have been around mopeds for a pretty long time and no a lot more than me but I just don't think I could pay 150 for that.. If you brought the price down some I would definately consider it. That is with the engine having compression and spark.. would the gaskets be replaced and everything too?

I am a college kid you gotta understand :)... I need something to do over spring break.. A whole 10 days! haha...

WYSIWYG. I'll fix it like I do to all of the rest.

Zack Rineer /

haha...

so you dont wanna sell it for less.... im guessing..

Zack Rineer /

bump

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account