WTB: Derbi Laguna Frame or complete

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

I know it's a long shot but I really really want a Derbi Laguna. I know someone has to have one of these laying around, maybe one of those forgotten projects or something. Anyways I'm located in SLO, CA but If you have a frame I'm willing to pay the shipping. Maybe if you have a super nice complete I'd be willing to pay the shipping. This is one of my dream bikes so hopefully i can make it come true.

Also if you have a kit for a Derbi Piston port engine then I'd be interested in that too. Let me know if you can help me out.

Re: WTB: Derbi Laguna Frame or complete

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Dang Tom, great minds think alike. I was chatting it up about how awesome they are.

I think I have a buyer for your TFR.

I'll be on the lookout for you!

i know the feeling tom...it was my dream bike too and finally snagged one off ebay last year, good luck, and if i come across anything i'll keep you posted.

Dmail that kev dude, you can find his info by searching this forum. He might have sold it already but its worth a try.

kev's frame got sold.

yeah. kev had a whole bike... it got parted. i wanted it bad, but i was being lazy and wouldnt drive the 2 hours to clevo.

i drove to cleveland after flying to kzoo for the rally from california for a derbi diablo and a rigid freespirit

he parted that thing?!?! God damnit!

You cant call it a whole bike. It was basically a frame, and a engine.

It was real rough, but now someone will bring it back to life!

Kev

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

Yeah i need to bring one of these beasts back to life. Someone has to have something.

Kev, where did your Laguna 'kit' go? I just could not get things straight here for taking on another resto project like that one.

ive got a few lagunas, some diablos 6 rd's and 4 TT's, also 3 variant sports, and a DS 50

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

colby:

how much would it take to part with one of those lagunas?

I have a Variant SL and a TT. Supposedly the LA area is derbi country according to the guy i bought my TT of off. A lot of companies contracted on catalina island bought derbis for their employee transportation since they were the only moped that could climb crazy hills.

On a side note concerning a TT (mines a 78). Is it always in gear (aka no bike mode?) It doesn't have a lever on top of the motor like my SL (1979) or my dads variant (also a 79).

Colby,

Since you say you have a few of them, could you post a photo of an original from fender from one?

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

I have a feeling I'll be searching for one of these for a while.

yeah derbis are very hard to find around here i had a 79 TT and id love to have another one or an RD50 would be even better

Bump

Colby, can you help?

) CuperAWESOMO ( /

yeah colby can you help a bro out?

post a pic of what? front fender for a TT? or laguna?

and id never part with a laguna, for any amount of money, within reason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account