WTB: Moby av7 kit

If anybody has a kit for a 50v moby I am hoping to get one on my bike before the latebird rally so I can keep up. Any help would appreciated as they are geting hard to find and I want to get it broken in for before the rally.

Thanks

Re: WTB: Moby av7 kit

You are probably out of luck. There are a few of us running the Malossi kit and even fewer running the airsal kit.

You might want to talk to Nick over at quarterkick.com (he has some sort of super secret av7 cylinder hook-up).

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

slap a 44th rear sprocket on there.

no, thatd probably make accel pretty shitty on stock.

get dellorto 15.15, the curvy intake, port the stock cylinder to the specs in the wiki, remove your head gasket, take out a ball or two in your variator (make it down to a 2 ball variator) and provided you are of average weight and not 236 lbs like i am, you should be able to keep up.

I already ported the cylinder and have a sha carb, a variplus plateand a doppler pipe. I ported it a little too much and it has terible lowend and I can't pedal because of the pipe. my bike is alright at top speed but I want more. Probably a waste of time since I have an av10 in transit but I talked to the dude I got it from last night and it is apparently lost somewhere between Paris and California at the moment and I don't think I am going to be able to get something together before Feb.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

if you have a variplus, lighten the weights in your variator. Itll still hit about the same topend, but youll pull better off the line

THats the first thing I thought the problem was.but it is from a dead stop way before the variator opens and it runs great after it picks up so I don't know if that would really help. I am trying to figure out how to get the clutch to catch later but was trying to take the easy/lazy way out of this.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

that is how to get the clutch later.

The variator only works until it fully opens, and then its not really in use anymore.

adjusting the weights determines when it opens, i.e: if you have heavier weights, the variator opens sooner letting the RPM's of the engine take over, which is good for high rpm bikes, this leads to a better top end.

if you put lighter weights in, this allows the variator to assist longer in the acceleration, which is good for bikes that take some time to get up to a good RPM (stock bikes or overported bikes).

seriously, try the lightest weights you have, and notice the difference. Im betting your weights are slightly too heavy and the variator opens wayyyy too soon.

Dang guess I'll have to put all the lightest weights in. I didn't before because I was worried that the varriator wouldn't open up all the way.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

just put the lightest in to see the difference. Im not sure exactly what setup of weights youll need. I think around 4 grams maybe? fuck i forget.

if you go too light (i.e the lightest set) it wont open all the way.

if anyone has a 62cc malossi kit (discontinued) ive talked to malossi dealerships and theyve said they can start reproducing them. Youd send it to them, theyd size it up and all, and then they could produce em if it was cost effective. The guy i talked to said they would be close to what retail value was already... not bad. You'd also get malossi parts hookups, like discounts and whatnot.

I have more details and contact info if youre interested, this would be a great contribution to the ped community, especially the resistance. Revive that old breed!

Timmy Southpark /

yeah, we need to perserve the AV7 kits, as there are only like 2 avaible as is.

le sigh.

well itd be easy to do at this point. someone who has a kit needs to step up to the plate. I can confidently say that if i had bought one, i'd temporarily send it away for the sake of science in a heartbeat.

This would be a huge stride in the fight of le resistance. We cant just let kits disappear like this.

Timmy Southpark /

wish i had one... i think there are some still at 50cc.nl

Or we can all go AV10, onward to the future. . .

Do you happen to know the part number so I can check 50cc.eu?

hmm i dont... shitty. Its not listed on the malossi site anymore cause its discontinued. If you call 1 631 427 2853 (Roselle Imports) he could probably tell you what the ID number _was_. Just to help him navigate, motobecane is generally referred to as MBK these days, and it may be listed under AV7 or AV88. not sure.

31 2620

nice, thanks dude.

Dang no kits for my av7 and I just found out that my av10 is having "shipping issues" according to le poste.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account