group order - AV7 Bearings

Anybody want to go in on an order for a bunch of av7 bearings straight outa france? Most of the US shops dont have em in stock and dont really know when they will. Generally i like to keep business inside the family, and support the domestic ped community, but I'm in a time crunch and would like to get some bearings before winter break is over, so i can do my rebuild. If anyone is in a similar position, here's the chance.

We'd be getting bearings from la-becanerie. They are 15 euros ($22) before shipping, which is actually a really good price. Shipping is 36 euros ($52, yikes!) to the US. I did the math and if we can get 6 seperate orders in to split shipping, we can get it down to $30.66 (52+22(6))/6 = 30.66 a piece shipped, which is a very fair price.

We'd have them shipped to one place (probably me, since I am about as close to france as you can get on this side of the atlantic) and shipped out from there. Email me if you want in, and for more details.

-Steve

The Richard Gears

Re: group order - AV7 Bearings

This is what the community is about! But alas, I ride a puch and... soon to be announced...

Any word from QK? I'm in if needed.

Timmy Southpark /

i sent an email already, if we get enough people this might be good. Would these bearings come with crank seals?

well i just got a letter back from la-becanerie... where we'd be ordering from. They are advertised as av10 bearings, but people here said av7 and av10 bearings are the same. I asked la-becanerie just to make sure. Cant read it though, waiting on a translation... see thread "french speakers" in general forum.

QK said they actually just got their invoice from an order they placed a while ago. He said ideally theyd be in by the end of the month, but he really had no idea and no way to know.

In the picture they have crank seals next to them, so i assume so. I'd ask before i ordered though.

<http://www.la-becanerie.com/accessoires,kit-roulements-joints-spy-moteur-mbk-51-av10,roulement,page,zoom,mod,boutique,pieces,7652-108.fr.html >

That's the link im going off of here.

If these guys dont work out, we can go to some other french shop, or wait for the guys around here to get em

whoa where did u get that shipping quote from la becanerie???

36 euro, i never pay that much from RCV-team

last time i orderd from them it was for a doppler crank, a bearing and seal set and a doppler reed setup and the shipping was only $18 euro, and the crank is really heavy, i think that quote is off or la becanerie is really ripping u off.

anyway put me down for a set of bearings and see if u can get that shipping lowered, or go thru RCV-team or somthing.

ok cool... elliot, see https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/444433/444433/

that thread is the response they gave me regarding the equivalency of the bearings. i dont speak french, but it looks like they said they are not the same, nor do they have av7 bearings. for shipping that was a lot, but it also seemed to be a flat rate to an extent. i ordered up to 10 bearings in one cart and the shipping stayed at 36 euros.

we may end up shopping around though, like you say. depending how these guys go over, i'll probably go to RCV next. just to be sure, have you seen av7 bearings at RCV? i havent browsed there in a while.

-Steve

rcv team quotes you after you order for USA shipments so i think they work with you to get a lower price av7 and av10 bearings are the same.

so far ive contacted la becanerie, rcv team, and briansolex's buddy in france

becanarie is 15 per set, 36 shipping

rcv team im awaiting info on, but so far are 15 per set... if i remember correct

briansolex's friend, Marc, has them for 18 a set, but cheaper shipping.. 20 to the east coast.

all those are in euros.

waiting on more info and we'll see who is best

The Gordon's Fisherman /

Nice work, thanks for taking on the task.

no prob. from the looks of it numbers shouldnt be a problem. from any of these three places, if we have apx. 6 orders, we can get the prices down to at least $30 shipped, which is the going rate in the US right now. Still waiting for rcv though, just to get an idea from them. elliot mentioned their shipping is cheaper, so ima bank on that.

Are you factoring in the cost of media mail shipping within the US? It might just be $2 or $3 for it to be shipped to your home but alas that is still extra money.

By the way, Im in on this.

I had the same thought - you're gonna have to turn around and ship these out to everyone - time, effort and dollars to add in to the cost factor. I'm still in, but you can see why it's so much fun opening an online moped parts shop!

("hey, there's a lot of demand for these - better order 50 more!" lol, while this initial demand wave passes and they're sitting on your shelf)

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

hey if you are ordering i would like a set of bearings and seals av10 seals plz

you mean the shipping from the hub to each of the individual buyers? I mentioned that in one of my emails but obviously i dont have any numbers yet. Haha to be honest, i havent been factoring that in though, only because as of now i've been assuming theyd ship directly to my house. Yay, no media shipping for me! This is fair, i think, because i'm going to be putting it all together and actually shipping em all out to everyone else. so it balances out.

Bert, yea that makes sense but if theyre sitting on your shelf thats not a bad thing. If the last few dont sell in the first month or 2 months or so, no big deal. By then, you should have far sinced profited on the investment. At somepoint someone will buy the last few widgets, and you make even more money on the investment that you're already profiting on. If you only buy enough that by the time you sell the very last widget you're breaking even, then that would be very poor planning.

Anyways, lets not worry about economics. Yep, thats about the deal as of now, ore details as it develops.

im gonna make an organized list from buyers later... its good to have an idea of who wants in but im not exactly writing any names down as of yet. I want to get exact quotes from all our options first, before we start jumping on the bandwagon. this could turn out that all our options suck, and we end up waiting for american shops to pull through.

let ya all know how it goes.

The Gordon's Fisherman /

Incase your getting an estimate, count me down.

Just out of curiosity what are the specific dimensions for the bearings you need?

mmm the dimensions most sites give are 16-42-13mm. im not exactly sure how to read that.. must be IDs and ODs and widths and whatnot somewhere in the mix. the oil seals are

15-21-4.4 according to the sites, as well. why, do you happen to have a crate full of em, that you happen to be using as a chair right at this moment??

ID x OD x W

bearing:

16 mm inside diameter

42 mm outside diameter

13 mm width

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

the bearings have a wierd ass taper to them paz, you cant just go down to the bearing store and be all "gimme these please"

Hey man I'll pick up 2 of bearings and seals sets if you haven't already orderd.

Timmy Southpark /

yeah, any updates on this? thx

Put me down for a set - let me know where to send my money

UPDATE: (or lack thereof) still waiting on details from multiple shops. La becanerie is out of the question. they told me shipping would be upwards of 45 euro. Screw that.

RCV team has 15 euro bearing/seal kits. good price. i just cant get them to tell me how much shipping is gonna be. i've emailed them twice, its just hard to make sure they are actually reading my emails and not disregarding them because they are poorly translated. damn its hard to communicate with these people.

solex's friend, Marc, im waiting on answers too.

ugh...

it sucks because SO many people want these things. enough that we can make this happen. but as far as i can get is fill out all the order information with hypothetical amounts of bearings to try and get them to give me a shipping estimate. never does, cause its overseas and shipping calculations are probably harder to make.. and im not about to order a bunch of bearings and have them say "oh hey, shipping is 50 euros!"

im not going through with this until i know EXACTLY how much the bearings/seals are going to cost shipped to america, all hidden french fees included. something very easily could slip by me, because everything is in french, and then we end up paying 10% more or something. that'd suck. but thats why im emailing these shops regularly, to try and get some responses.

bear with me

Jerry Franek /

Steve--I wish some MA French speaker would jump in to help you out. He could act as your interpreter to minimize misunderstandings, seems like that's what we need.

Timmy Southpark /

my sister speaks french, i could forward her email.

Steve, I was e-mailing with Nick from QK on some exhausts which he has coming in from France, he said bearings are on the same shipment. I think that these will be coming back in stock soon stateside and it may make life easier to just wait on those.

Jerry.... yes, Chris (mabecane) has been helping me quite a bit. Ive been using google translator and his french skills to get me by and its been working great.

Recently found out this: If we place an order with RCV team, they will send a shipping quote to my email and i have to approve it before they continue with the order. if i dissaprove, the order is cancelled. That's good to know. I think we'll end up going with them if we go through with this.

Bert, i talked to Nick on the same subject... I told him if he could tell me theyd be getting that shipment in (which should have plenty of goodies) reasonably soon, we'd hold off. He was appreciative, but said that "ideally" the shipment would be in by the end of the month, but that he really had no idea..

I'm game to wait, that's fine with me. But now we know both situations. Now i think of it, here is my reasoning to wait it out:

Pros (of waiting)

-Support QK

-Will probably be a bit cheaper than france

-Will probably be a bit quicker than france

-QK will probably have other goodies in this shipment that we might want.

That being said, there is a huge amount of interest in this order... i've been contacted via email and the MA by about 10+ people who want in. That's more than enough to make this work. If anyone wants to take it on from here, be my guest.

Give it about 3 weeks, and i guess we'll find out which was the better path to take :)

the other advantage of waiting - you don't have the hassle of re-boxing and shipping these out to 10+ people.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account