F/S Moby Frames

I have 2 1976 moby 50v frames for sale. I have the wheels, too. The tanks are both rusted quite a bit but a good acid job would take care of it. Aesthetically they are in fair condtion. With a good wash and wax theyd be lookers. Not much rust, besides the tanks. These are front forks, swingarm, frame, handlebars, fenders, etc. Essentially everything BUT the engines. I'd like to sell them as wholes but i would part them out as well. individual parts will be more expensive as they take the labor to dismantle the bikes.

These would make excellent bases for moby project bikes. With french bikes at their popularity right now, these would be awesome to tear apart, repaint, and rebuild build from the bottom up, to truly call her yer own. I was gonna paint them so I could have a few different bodies to mess around with, but I need to concentrate my time on my one bike.

e-mail me or post here to make offers on the entire frames or indi. parts.

Thanks,

-Steve

Re: F/S Moby Frames

theyre reaaaaaal nice!

tough crowd..

they are whole except the engines or are they missing stuff? have pickys?

unfortunately no pickys.. soonest i could get some is this weekend.

structurally, yes they are entirely complete besides engines, one is missing seat. after that, other components are fairly sparse. wiring should be mostly in tact minus coils, cables are there but all are ratty and some are broken, you wouldnt want to keep the switches obviously, controls are so so.

you wouldnt buy these bikes, put an engine on, and expect to have them be good to go. it'd be best to have another "moby's-worth" of parts kicking around to redo the whole shabang... like i said, great for projects.

after derusting the tanks, i was going to paint one a nice merlot, and paint the other something else. then i could just switch all my working shit from my daily runner moby to the new painted bike and voila, instant sweetness.

What colors?

ah jeeze did i not mention that? damn. both are orange.

theyre pretty dirty but like I said I would think a good was and wax job would liven em up a lot. Make em presentable at the least.

my intention, however, was to scrape em down and repaint em anyways.

If you decide to part them out I need a seat for mine. Is it a short, or long seat?

Chas

technically I have one of all three. not all are for sale, but everything has it's price :). I have a saddle seat this is very fine conditon. I have a super-long seat that is on my daily rider... the metal frame of the seat is rusted to hell, and there are some rips, but it is SOOO comfortable. then I have one of the regular-long seats that is in fair condition.

btw all the structural parts are in good shape too, not very much rust if any, nothings bent.

steve, my advice is not to paint them yourself, only go with powder coat or any professional place. Rattle can sucks.

i disagree, rattle can doesnt suck, it just gets a bad wrap cause people do it wrong.. you just gotta take your time, just as with anything else. but i do see the advantages of powdercoating. powdercoat is pricey though, and i'd rather go DIY. anyone can shell out a couple hundred bucks and have a job done for them. what's the point?

plus, it dont have to be rattlecan. i was gonna use w/ airgun. i've seen better results w/ that. plus its cheaper that powdercoat, and you get a good tingly feeling when it comes out right. you just gotta get a good clearcoat over it that aint gonna let the gasoline and oil and shit in, and ruin your paintjob.

attached is ricky racoon's rattle can malaguti. Straight up Gear action right there. yes, it's in pieces, but you get the idea.

1196464441_rickyrackoonmalaguti.jpg

another Richard Gear rattle job, with some detailing. in the process in this picture, and the finished product is even hotter.

illage.

1196464499_chasetank.jpg

sorry man rusty tanks are deal breakers for me

yea i understand. the good side is that they aint rusted through, and they are fixable.

By the way, I have done rattle can myself and the problem wasn't with the looks. It was with durability, or lack there of. It would chip off, primer would hold well though to the metal though.

thats where the good clearcoat comesin. get somethign good and hard and weater/gas/oil/dirt resistance and your set.

get em while theyre mobies, get em while theyre frames!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account