wtb: moped dayton/columbus ohio area

I just moved to Ohio and I don't have a way to get my 1980 motobecane up here from Atlanta. I would love to buy a moped here in Ohio (dayton/columbus area), I live in Cedarville, OH. It can be running or not-running. But I'd love to be able to have a project for the winter, or better yet be riding in it. Let me know if you can help, thanks!

Re: wtb: moped dayton/columbus ohio area

i have some for you but i live in steubenville ohio

thanks cocoloco, but i think steubenville is too big of a drive for me. much appreciated though.

Hey,

I have a 1991 Tomos TTLX (the older version of the Targa LX) I'm trying to get rid of. It has the A3 motor and i rebuilt it with new bearings, seals and gaskets so it runs pretty good but still needs a few parts and things fixed on it. Most of these things require minimal work. If you're interested let me know and I can tell you more about it and post a picture. I'm in columbus.

Thanks,

Alex

there's an thred toward the middle of this forum from northernohiomike . He's selling a 77 bianchimatic for 250$. you could check that out!!!

hey, thanks joe! i didn't see Mike's thread. i appreciate it

Hey I have a friend selling two peds in Powell, a suburb just north of columbus. He has a yellow moby and a red pa50I which are both currently not running but I don;t think they'd take too much. He had them for his son but the lil guy is too young in my opinion and he needs the garage space.He wants 300 for the pair and isnt trying to separate, but I'm sure you could figure something out.

1196097488_johnspeds.jpg

thanks taylor. do you know how i could get in contact with him? i don't really want or need 2 non-running peds, but if he'd be able to sell me the moby by itself, i'd def be interested.

jed@columbus.rr.com

If you make a decent offer and don't lowball than you can tell him Taylor sent ya, lol.

hey Alex, i'm def interested.

how much are you asking for the 1991 Tomos TTLX? and what would need repair or replacing in the near future for it to be running well?

thanks much.

Hey,

About the tomos, the things you will need or want to do in the future; it needs new rear brake pads and the front brakes need to be hooked up (also need the small cable adjuster piece up by the brake lever).both right side turn signals need to be hooked up (need the terminals on the ends of the wires). On the front wheel it looks like the tire isnt fully seated to the side of the rim which causes it to wobble somewha just needs to be popped out by filling it up with more air I think. Needs the right side transmission cover gasket; leaks some oil Finally the it is missing the rubber airbox carb coupler piece which just causes it to get more air and run slightly leaner, I did upjet from stock though, so you could either get the airbox coupler or just upjet slighlty again. I think that covers all the issues.

As far as everyuthing that was replaced/ fixed:

- New engine gasket, seals and bearings

- Carb Cleaned

- New Valve and fuel Line

- New Gas Cap

- Throttle and brake cables replaced

Im asking $200 for it as is. If you'd be willing to pay extra for parts/ labor I could do everything else that needs done. Will post some pictures tomorrow, let me know what you think.

Thanks

Alex

peter i sent you a email

Hey peter,

Sorry it took so long for the pictures but anyway here they are

(second photo on next post)

1196648291_picture_1460.jpg

other picture^^

1196648332_picture_1461.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account