1959 Motobecane seat

I am looking for a replacement seat for 1959 Motobecane if anyone has one or a lead. Thanks

1195086415_9aa0_1.jpg

Re: 1959 Motobecane seat

good luck......recover that thing........any good upholstery shop should be able to di it

'59's are notorious for rusting out the frame/seat.

Recover or Call handy bikes.

Those seats are hard to find. I have an identical one on a 64 Raleigh that I had recovered. Do youself a favor if you recover yours - have the person put 2 additional layers of foam on the top. The original ones are as hard as a rock!

I hope you can get your '59 to look like this '63.

-Curly

ooo im so in _love_

no change that to LUST

im sure this isnt what you're looking for cause it certainly isnt stock, but I was checkin out a friend's bike this weekend and he had a pretty sweet DIY setup. He made a seat w/ some cheap leather-lookin-vinyl, foam he ripped out of a couch cushion, some plywood, and heavy duty staples.... I think you can put 2 and 2 together from there. He did a really professional job with it, it was comfy, and it went well with the bike. I almost thought it was stock. Would definitely be a good cheap relatively easy alternative especially cause that seat does not look easy to find. And from the looks of it, ANYTHING is better than what you have now.

propelled by pelvic thrusts? no chain.

A chain would get it dirty. This one's just for show - showoff!

1959 Motobecane seat

Is this seat too recent? We determined it is a Motobecane but the year is unknown.

See the next post for another pix.

Jill

1195190315_dsc01131.jpg

Here is the other photo.

1195190404_dsc01140.jpg

1959 Motobecane seat

This seat has a horrible re-cover on it. My upholstery man says it was recovered with VW seat material. There might be something usable underneath.

When I think VW seat cover material, it makes me think os a sportsjacket worn by someone on WKRA in Cincinnatti.

Put me on the back o that moby and i will get it moving!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account