WTB a running cheap moped

Christian Tracy /

Folks,

I am looking for a moped that can get me moving at about 35 mph. Simply, something that I can drive about 3 miles each way. I have about 150-200 buck...

Anyone have anything they are looking to sell... I do not care what it looks like... just that it runs... and runs well....

Thanks,

CT

Re: WTB a running cheap moped

a moped that runs well and reliable that will get you up around 35 is gonna be a little more than 150 bucks

Not if he's a skinny kid and he buys a used Tomos with a pipe. There's at least 32 mph.

find me a moped with a pipe that can go 35 that runs and runs well and ill buy it off ya.

All my stock peds with pipes do but you cant buy any of them.

"find me a moped with a pipe that can go 35 that runs and runs well and ill buy it off ya."

Umm... Happens every single day dude.

Bike runs well.

Put on a good pipe.

Bike runs well and goes faster.

Simple really, and not rare by any means.

A pipe and jets will cost ya about $80. So find a ped that only needs a pipe for 70 to 120 that is already in good running condition and you are all set, shouldn't be too hard.

take some time looking, find a stock moped, spend 30 or something bucks for an used performance exaust, maybe some cleaning, and you can probably get yourself to that speed, recommending a tomos with a pipe, you could probably find one in that price range, I really havent looked lately so hey, could be wrong. Im pretty sure that you could find a good moped with some looking though.

yeah, I really need to sell my moped, a 1995 tomos targa lx. Biturbo exaust, amal carb, a airsal kit, piston yeah that junk. Im putting it out on sale next week as I will have the carb installed, Im selling locally in valrico florida, If I put it on ebay then I will loose money, not earn. Ill be putting a 750 dollar obo sticker on it. So if anyone lives in florida they may get lucky with offers as I need this out next week. I just got a deal with this guy that wants me to fix up vespas so I need to get rid of this. If I do sell on ebay, might be a bit more.Just wanted to heads up,so if anyone interested Id wait till I do sell i because I need to test how it works.I have a pic for reference.These really are good mopeds, and also for the other people, at some point, I wanted to fix up a puch, so I can consider one of those, depends though, give a shot, may just clear trade for a puch with some money.

Good luck on your search.

Alex

1195086485_002.jpg

P.S. on the pic I posted, that is the pic before being fixed up, I have not taken a pic yet, I will also be putting a newer front fork on this weekend.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account