needed: puch flywheel puller

Need a puch flywheel puller who has them and fast

Re: needed: puch flywheel puller

You don't need one. There's a youtube video floating around that demonstrates how to remove the flywheel with a rubber mallet. To save you a trip, just undo the nut and whack the flywheel, rotate it and whack again. Repeat as necessary and it should come off nicely.

ahem.... dan T?

I think i would rather use a puller. I don't feel like replacing a flywheel

I've used the rubber mallet method on several peds, and you really can't damage the flywheel unless you pound the snots out of it. Use your best judgment and it will come off easily.

Here's the video

and you wont have to. by all means, if you want to spend 20+ dollars on a tool you dont need, go for it. trust me though, we dont regularly make suggestions that will destroy or harm the user's machine. this trick has been used and reported successful numerous times, on a variety of different bikes. I've done it personally.

i used the rubber mallet trick several times, on several peds. works well on the ciao, and my maxi. DO IT, DON'T BE A CHICKEN!

lol

Word

Cory

Cleats Onionpockets /

I bought a two arm universal puller from my local hardware depot when I needed to pull the clutch off my bike, and I've found that it works quite well if you face the little hooks out from center, tighten it till it can't wobble back and forth, and then give the center a whack with a small hammer. The flywheel just leaps off the engine, and I laugh hysterically when it lands on my foot.

not so much being chicken. The connecting rod in my puch freeze up and won't turn

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account