WTB: moped in minnesota

hey, looking to buy a moped in minnesota around $100, a 49cc any color running or little work needed i live in the western suburbs of minneapolis and if aj see's this email me because i'm not sure if your still selling me other one, but if u got one email me at bmxtiktok@yahoo.com with pictures if u can and i like the way the top gas tank looks with the gas tank next to the seat like the attachment

~~~~thanks

1194915221_batavus_starflite_1977.jpg

Re: WTB: moped in minnesota

save more money, it's going to be very hard to find a running ped for $100. IHMO. it's best to have like 300-400 dollars, because i'm assuming you're new to peds, and don't want the hassle of fixing one to get it running right?

Thanks Cory, Isaiah you immediately emailed me asking what it would take to get it running, where you could get parts, and the difficulty of doing it. If your new to peds and dont want to do the work i suggest saving til spring and buying a running maxi.

The batavus needs a new piston, rings, and petcock. One of my friends helped me unsieze it and now he wants it, because he enjoyed working on it so much, so i am selling it to him.

I have a Vespa Ciao, 1977, White, running 29mph with new rims, piston, and rings for sale for $380.00, but i know its not in your price range.

WTB: moped in minnesota

isaiah, those peds on craigslist that went for 150 titled were an exceptional deal. i mean EXCEPTIONAL. mopeds dont generally go for that cheap. and yea, you probably want something running and you can slowly learn how to work on. try getting a maxi, or if you like the top tank style, a magnum. but you should definitely say interested. come spring, i might even have a moped to sell you. we'll see how winter goes. good luck and stay on it, we need more riders in minneapolis.

i'd really like to know more about moped motors and eventually build a custom one of my own but i'm trying to get one before winter and do little work first instead of giant fixer-upper and then go from there but everyone has to start somewhere so if i can get a moped for $100 and it needs $50 in parts then i would like that because it's a personal challenge 1. to get the money for the parts 2. putting it together 3. to get it running would be a huge accomplishment but thanks for the comments and stuff i'll keep saving and looking

should i get this moped if he still has it? i'd ask him to go down in price but it's perfect for me it needs a little work this is it http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/473387216.html

i really like the way the puch magnum looks so if u got one in my price range email me

~~~~~~~bmxtiktok@yahoo.com

probably, almost definitely, won't have a magnum to sell you, but like i said we'll see how spring goes, i might have a newport to sell you. and hey, we all want magnums. well, most of us. but 150 is gonna buy you a crudy one.

Eh, bought a piaggio ciao that was nowhere even running for 60 bucks, fixed it up with 12 dollars and then sold it for 450. Easy come, easy go.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account