What's a 0 mile 1977 Tomos worth?

Drew Gulliver /

I've got a new 1977 A3SP green Tomos with 0 miles in the back of my garage. Its left over from my father's dealership and has never been assembled. Its still got the paper shipping wrapping from the factory! It has an MSO (manufacturers statement of origin).

Its missing the handlebars, speedometer, and centerstand because they were sold to a customer. I have a nice speedo/enclosure and blue centerstand from a seized Tomos with 350 miles on it that I can include with it.

What do you guys figure this moped is worth? I'm trying to find motivation to clean out my garage. Thanks

Re: What's a 0 mile 1977 Tomos worth?

$15

There are lots of variables. If it were me and I was going to sell it I'd complete it, repair it and sell it in the spring/summer. Then again maybe someone will see this thread and give you a reasonable offer. Where are you located by the way?

Drew Gulliver /

$15 and some string and its a deal!

Drew Gulliver /

I'm in Ames, Iowa. I visit Oshkosh, Wi occasionally and could deliver anywhere close to that path.

if it were in cali, and was that super cool lime green color, id say name your price

id pay 500 easy if youd ship

I'm in Kansas City and could come and get it. If you have a price in mind, let me know and we'll see if we can work something out.

Drew Gulliver /

I don't have a price in mind yet, I'll make another post after I get it liberated from the back of my garage.

I see you have an A3SP. I just found the box of Tomos parts from the dealership. In it is the spare parts list and the workshop manual. Let me know if you need any parts or a scan of the manual.

Drew Gulliver /

It is the cool lime green color. I visit my parents in Kingman, AZ every winter so it may be possible to meet there. I'll post another thread with a picture when I'm ready to sell.

I need a stator plate and flywheel. Other than that, she's ready to roll. It'd be awesome if you had that stuff. Can't wait to see some pictures of this thing.

i would pay 600.

new ones are one to two grand, so at least that for a mint in-box vintage..

think collector, all stock.

not some young person wants the fastest ride for cheapest, they can build that.

new ones also have not been sitting for 30 years. All the gaskets will be shot/crispy, as well as the wiring will all be brittle. 1-2 thousand would be ridiculous

not to mention it has an a3 not an a35.

I'll by it from you, I collect those exact ones.

Just get in touch with me at your convenience.

Thanks

$1

Who? Wha? Someone else is alive in Ames, IA?

George Smith /

not necessarily bad on wiring, you'd be surprised how well some crap stores, gasketing maybe though, but eh it's a minty stored ped with 0 miles, some people would kill for that, I wouldn't drive the damn thing, I'd just polish it and admire it's beauty...ok maybe I'd start it up and sniff the fumes and pat it and call it sally, but we dont have to deep into my deep dark personal life...

George Smith /

dip...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account