looking for moped in VA

Looking for a moped in VA, anything out there?

Re: looking for moped in VA

Its a little hard to find mopeds in Virgina and when you do they are pretty pricey. Your in northern Virgina so search Craigslist in your area and in cities in the bordering states.

Yeah up here in NoVA. Been checkin Craigslist and I'm trying to stay away from Tomos. Basically all I usually see on there. I don't mind traveling a bit. Hoping one of the guys from Hell's Satans might have something laying around.

I get 90 percent of my mopeds on craigslist and its usually from the NOVA, DC, PA area. Keep looking, it might be a little slow in the winter though...

Guess I'll keep checking. Thanks for the input.

Come on down to FL, you can buy mine.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mcy/430354965.html

I bet 2/3 of my mopeds for sale go to MD and VA.

I have a '79 Wards Riverside moped project for $30. Everything is locked up. Motor doesn't look bad on the outside. It has the solo watercooled motor. I'm in Md.

Chas

There is a post on the Richmond Craigslist that just came up.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/456797069.html

Man I can swear that was my moped that I sold a few months ago for $175. Except for the covers missing I think that is/was my ped.

Chas

very likely....its so easy to sell peds for retarted prices back down here...

I just looked at the pics again. I'm about 95% sure that was my ped. It has a plastic tie wrap holding the muffler that I did, and also a hole in the tail light lens.

this is a good running ped, but it's rusty. IMO it's not worth $600

they could probably get more then that for it here...

OMG! I'd never pay that much for a rusty moped no matter how well it ran. I only paid $60 for the beast, and just put a new set of points & condenser in it.

the prices here are rediculous thats why i always search outside of VA. I picked up a 1980 Puch Maxie Luxe for $30. Granted its not running and needs some work its all complete which is a bit surprising. If you find yourself interested in the one Craigslist try to haggle with the guy. Point out the flaws in it and then offer something less.

I always look for the cheap non runners. It certainly helps to be able to work on them. I think the most I've ever paid for a ped is $140, and that was for my Korado.

Been talking to this Lady from MD. She has this old Honda, looks like a PA50II or atleast I'm hoping it is. Hoping the carb doesn't give me too much trouble as it looks like it seems to be an issue.

Drive to Ct and buy mine

Man that damn carb on a PA50 is a bitch to get at. Have an extra person with you when you try. Basically to get to it you have to take the bike apart. You take the motor loose and the entire bike falls apart.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account