F/S Moby 0 miles never started

I picked up this Moby it has 0 miles on it . It never had gas in it ever looks like it was on a showroom floor. I took the petcock off and it is perfect inside .If you take the gascap off and look inside it is brand new. The speedo has 0 miles the chrome is perfect .They have 2 of these on ebay for 3000 each .I will sell this one for 1500 the price of a new moped 2007 . My freinds looked this over with me and we cant find a flaw in it. I couldent even take the pic the chrome was flashing back . I would keep this but I cant bring myself to putting gas in it . I got way too many mopeds .email me if you are interested . I really dont want to ship it because it could get scratched .I will take more pics tommorow in the light if you are interested .

1192056165_moped_751.jpg

Re: F/S Moby 0 miles never started

Wow, thats all I have to say!

Kev

blub bub blubbbering blubblub I cant form words

I know huffy .I am not worthy . I cant keep it . I got a korado with 0 miles on it and everyday I would walk up to it with a Gas can and open the tank and then walk away . 5 months later I put gas in it and now it has 15 miles on it .

Have you read all the flack the dude is getting for asking that much? Do whatever you want, but i haven't seen NOS bikes go for more than $700 or $800.

It's nice, but it's still a 30 year old moped. And a lot of those parts will might have to be replaced if the buyer wants to actually ride it. for all we know, all the rubber is cracked and rotted, the seals are made of dust, the piston is stuck to the cylinder from the congealed oil, the grease in the variator, wheels and pulley has turned to mud, and the chain is rusty.

That being said, that is a beautiful bike, and i tell anyone that wants to buy a moped to just buy a pretty bike, because no matter how much you put into it to get it running it'll look great when your done.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

This is Harry, not some ebay schmuck. I'm sure he went over it with a fine tooth comb.

Harry, does a bucket of shit and a rose come in mind. lol you lucky dog.

I went over this moped . It turns freely and the tires have no cracks in them .It wasnt stored in a garage or shed .It was indoors . I went over it and it looks like you went back in time .I dont want to ship it I want somone to come here and look at it and see for themselves . It is up to them to put gas in it if they want . If noone wants it it will go on ebay . I thought I would try it here .

That was more of a comment on NOS bieks in general, btw.

What is btw and bieks I dont know these ones the only one I know is lol and a couple others .

btw = by the way

bieks = bret typing too fast (bikes)

Thanks shay .That makes sense now

My thoughts on all these NOS bikes turning up is like this...

You ride it a couple hundred miles, what can you sell it for?

$600-$800 if you're very lucky?

someone want to html that baby onto here? Harry's attachments never work for me.

IT is like anything else if you buy a new car and put 100 miles on it you loose 10 thousand dollars .If you have a 1969 corvette with 0 miles it is worth more than a 1969 corvette with 1000 miles .

Why are the little metal pieces missing from the forks, you know the ones that go down the side.

Notice how many bids those $3,000 Mobys are getting.

I'll offer $800 for it.

Well supposingly there are two guys that are buying them up .

They are splitting them and selling them for 3000 each .

I will not take 800 .I will list them on ebay this weekend if noone wants them on here

Exactly. That's what makes it worth $600-$800.

There is a world of difference between automobile fans/collectors and moped fans/collectors. We're much more intelligent.

1977 mopeds sold a few NOS sachs for $1500 this summer. They just assembled them and sold them, didn't replace parts or seals. I think the price you are asking is legitimate, and to the right individual a bargain.

I don't think it's a matter of no one wanting it. Just no one can afford it.

Watch. Some noob will buy it on ebay, just trying to save on gas, and trash the thing.

Another one bites the dust. That's one less moby that'll be on the road. This thing belongs in a museum.

It's a freaking moped, made to be ridden. Not a museum piece. You want collector's stuff, buy a Rembrandt. It's a nice moped, someone will be happy to afford it and ride it. That's all. There are plenty more out there that look good and ride great for everybody's price.

Its meant to be ridden, but very rarely!

i think it is meant to be held up on a podium. ride your moby around with 34 miles on it all day long....

i bid 1 million dollars.

(not really)

v

I am going to ebay it in the spring . I cant bring myself to put gas in it . If I didnt have any other moby I might ,but I have 5 mobys right now to drive .

So, you don't know if it'll even run???? ;) jk

Sweet looking ped. I wouldn't want to be the one to put a nick in it first :).

Who ever owns it can do whatever they damn well please with it. I have two bikes and a 'ped on display in my house, they may be there for years or I may decide they need to be ridden come Spring. Whatever happens, they will be loved and respected. Seems kinda odd that so many people know better then the owner what should be done with this fine specimen and how cheaply he should sell it. To them.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account