WTB: Sears Free Spirit Fuel Tank

Cleats Onionpockets /

That's about it. I'm looking for one to replace the rotted/rusted one that is on a Free spirit that I'm restoring for my little sister. She's enamored with mopeds, but has her heart set on something like the Batavus VA I let her ride a while back. I won't fix mine up for her, because parts are a nightmare and tuning them is a pain in the neck. However, the E50 on the free spirit will be solid, and a snap to tune if needed.

So, anyone out there have one? Or, alternatively, does anyone have something close that could be used in place of it?

Re: WTB: Sears Free Spirit Fuel Tank

Cleats Onionpockets /

Correction, It can be either for a Sears Free spirit, or the Murray moped (they only made one I'm told....a knock off of a free spirit). Also, I'm looking for a set of side covers for it.

Any takers?

i have a motron medalist tank, or a rusty pinto tank for ya

Cleats Onionpockets /

Nimbuskid, I may take you up on the offer of the rusty pinto tank. How rusty are we talking about? Are we talking about a light surface coat...or an inch thick morass of crusty brown?

Rust doesn't really scare me, only holes and clowns do that. Also, how much do you want for it?

yeah, i've got a free spirit gas tank that's been creamed on the inside and paint looks good on the outside. silver in color. I'm not too sure what it's worth. wanna make me an offer? Also, i'm parting out the rest of my free spirit if you need/want anything else.

rob

512-350-5703

robertjenningssmith@yahoo.com

Cleats Onionpockets /

Even better! I also need a sidecover. Both would be nice though, the one it DOES have is a bit sketchy with brittleness and cracks.

I'd offer 20 for the tank, but then again, this is the first time I've dealt with free spirits/murray brand. So I have no idea what they're worth.

Would the tank include the petcock?

i just looked up some used moped gas tank prices on I moped junkyard. They didn't have the free spirit tank but they had some others. It looks like they go for around $50 to $60 bucks. That seems like a pretty ridiculously high price. I was thinking about cutting it in half and selling mine for $30. Does that seem ok to you? Email me at robertjenningssmith@yahoo.com and we can work out the details if you wanna buy.

-rob

oh and sorry the petcock i had for it broke when i pulled it and it's pretty fouled anyway. sorry :(

I have a 100 percent clean murray tank with new petcock. shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Cleats Onionpockets /

email sent

Cleats Onionpockets /

Brigning this back up again, as due to a screw up on my part I ended up with the wrong tank!

Turns out, there were two different tanks used depending on what year you are looking at. I need the one for a 1982 murray, which has the mounting bolts up on top of the tube frame rather than below. like this one...this is actually the exact same bike I'm working on break>

only that one is what I hope to have as an end result...it's currently filthy.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Well, not the EXACT SAME, but it's identical in all respects.

Cleats Onionpockets /

No one has one eh? I may just end up modifying the frame, but I'd rather not have to.

wow. i thought i was the only one scared of too many holes and circles close to each other

Cleats Onionpockets /

Scared? No, it will take more than a murray to spook me. Rather, I don't have a welding setup to make it a solid modification, it would be more a zip tie look, and since this bike is going to be for my little sister I'd prefer it to be as solid as possible.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Bump

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account