Out of the box, Two(2) 50V Mobo

Man! they sure are nice. I don't usually like to advertise for ebay, but these two Mobylettes are something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEVER-OPENED-2-1979-MOTOBECANE-VINTAGE-MOPED-MOPEDS_W0QQitemZ270172217672QQihZ017QQcategoryZ90986QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: Out of the box, Two(2) 50V Mobo

Six Grand, ouch!!

Never opened too - NOT!

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Pointless, unless you want a couple of museum pieces. I could see perhaps 3k, 4 given the fact they are pristine and never seen the road. But six thousand is just right out.

Those would be nice to have. But for $6k, I'd rather buy a new motorcycle.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Holy shit.

That's fucking awesome.

But yeah, umm 6k... nope.

John Joedicke /

Wow $6000 double nightmares! If you are going to spend that kind of money might as well buy a real motorcycle.

come on guys, spend 6 grand and enjoy the fear of scratching one lol. what did they sell for new. INFLATION.

Probably $600 back in the day. But for $6,000, I bet you could bargain with him.

Only a fool with money to burn would pay that ridiculous amount. Who cares about inflation, worth $800-$1000 each, at best.

Wow, are those cool. But yah, I wouldn't know what to do with something like that--too nice to ride. And yes, the price is way too much. I could see $3,000 for the pair, maybe.

Anyway, why not sell them separately? He'd get more.

wow those are awesome. i'd love a brand new moby, to start fresh with.

I'd ride one and keep the other on display someplace... in an airtight glass case with lasers and infrared cameras and junk. lol.

this sounds fishy these are not the first peds i have seen for sale that were won back in 79 but never opened

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

I don't know, if I had the $$$ I would buy those in a heart beat. One for the box and one for the road. I like sharp bikes. M wife rides a Hercules P-1 with less that 175 miles on it no worries.

Those peds sold for $550 out the door back in 79. Nobody but a collector will pay that king of money. Insane!

So someone bought some mopeds, parked them and never used them. Not that uncommon. Being Arizona, any nearby barn-fresh ped is bound to be rust-free and in good shape.

You still gotta worry about them being a dud, they haven't been moved for 28 years.

And regarding the comment, "Only a collector would pay $6K", not true. Moped Army is pretty much the Antique Moped Collector's Market. If nobody here is willing to pay that much, that's pretty much it.

For grins, I put them on my watch list. Unless a Jay Leno type gets into mopeds, I doubt they'll draw a bid.

Yeah, sellers also need to understand that classic mopeds/motorcycles will also never has as much demand as, say, classic cars. If your 30 years old ride craps out on you while you're driving(and it eventually will, it's old) your survivability is much greater on four wheels than two. Therefore, you gotta have more than money and know-how to ride a 1979 B'cane, you gotta be a little crazy too.

Even compared to classic cars this doesn't make sense, example: A good condition, fully functional 1970 Mustang will probably fetch $15-$20 grand.....but a brand new Mustang will cost you $30K. So why the hell would you pay $3K for a really, really nice old moped when a new one costs $1? Hello?!?!

..$1K, I mean.

I got my raffle prize winner from Uncle Vern's garage. He had opened it and assembled it but never put gas in the tank. It had 1/2 a mile on the speedo from him pushing it between his shed and garage a couple of times a year.

The biggest problems I had were that the oil in some of the parts, such as the speedo and speedo hub had turned to varnish and I had to completely disassemble them and basically clean and rebuild them to get them in working condition again. Also the rubber pieces had deteriorated because of their age.

Did I mention that the ped cost me $100.00 ? $3k for each sounds a bit high to me. There are new ones in garages all over the country you just need to get a little lucky.

-Curly

1191362919_04260718211.jpg

Shit. but yeah crazy money.

Seperately i bet they would or could do 1800-2000 but who knows.

Ebay hits a lot of people, and some people with big money that just dont care might buy em.

What would YOU do if you found em.

Probably put em on Ebay for something insane, say, 6000 and see what happens. Not like they are going anywhere....

I'd ride 'em.

id ride one and sell the other!

drools

AR Arkansas. AZ Arizona

people are selling just about any ped around richmond for retarted ass prices...900+bucks for maxis...

0 Bids.

Do you think they'll get re-posted?

I thought I saw a message saying if they didn't sell as a pair he'd separate them.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account