CONDENSERS CITY!!!!

They are perfect for the Mobylettes, Sparta etc

Just fill in the part# G126

http://www.bwdbrand.com/web_app/catalog/bwd_bgBulk.aspx

Re: CONDENSERS CITY!!!!

are you sure that this is 6volt?

I ahte to tell you but all the vehicles they list the condensers for are ALL 12 VOLT

see, i thought so too jerry.

I thought the 67 Chevy Nova condenser was ok? it's listed with all the other models.

It is.

It's ok if you need a 12 volt condenser.

They work just fine with 6v systems also.

Thanks jonvdb

And for you All Non believers

I just go back from the garage and substituted my Sparta condenser for the frickin 12V G126 condenser and guess what? it works the same, it does not make any difference 6V or 12V,

Et Voila Tavernier! remettez nous la tournee.

Tah Dah!

hoops

Anyway, these condensers cost 5 bucks, and have a nice little bracket to mount them on your ped.

Those are the high price (east coast?) ones. I pay $2.79.

Well, that's the East Coast. The point is I can get one in about 30 minutes needed be. If only it was that easy to get fuel petcock for mopeds. Anyway I can stock the same condensers for all my peds.

I had a motobecane condenser on the Sparta, it seems they will work on any mopeds, only thing we may have to mount them outside the mag, which in my book is a lot better.

From my experience there is no difference between 6V and 12V condensers. I have converted old VW's from 6V to 12V and run them for YEARS without changing the condenser (or fuel sender/gauge on the type II's for that matter)

Outside mount is the only way to go. Change 'em on a ride if need be...

thats great info. If only i could put my points outside too...

Just kidding.

I heard a condenser is a condensor.

Come to think of it when dudes swiched it over like daytripper said in vw's , i dont remember anybody ever doing a condensor swap.

I wonder if the parts number for a 66 beetle is the same a 67?

Not that it matters, just curious.

What we need is someone knowledgeable that can explain the why.

I'm not too good regarding electrical engineering, but from what I read online , it does not matter if your machine is a 6V or a 12V.

So if anyone out there was so kind to put this question to rest it would be a plus. Then we could post it on the Wiki. I learned most of the stuff I know from the School of Hard knock, I experiment with stuff and that's the way I function. I drove a truck for 18 years and you learn a few tricks along the way.

i would theorize (and no im not very knowledgable) that if a condenser is pretty much just a capacitor, if it can take 12v (rated for 12v) then it can take 6v. Just like a 120v rated resister will work for anything less than and up to 120v, just once you go above 120v it'll burn out. As long as the caps you use have similar capacitance it'd be fine. so that would lead me to believe it would be in poor judgement to use a 6v condenser in a 12v system. could be wrong, kinda just thinking out loud (in text)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account