FS 1980 Sparta in CT

I'm selling a 1980 Sparta , the engine is a 504 A1 Sachs (30mph) it only has 910 original miles , I just got it from the original owner. I cleaned the carb, installed a new condenser and new petcock and fuel line plus filter. I now runs and purrs like new, start right away and idles very nicely. All lights work including brake lights and low and high beam. The buzzer works too, brakes are also working, tires are a little old but still have some life in them, the body is green and in good shape, the chrome have rust on them, the rims also. Overall it's very strong and solid. I do not have a pic yet, My new camera is coming soon

$275 takes it

Re: FS 1980 Sparta in CT

Correction

The engine has only 610 miles, I have a new fuel cap coming.

The fuel tank was cleaned and is in very good condition. The odo works too. The left engine cover is missing, but I'm tracking it down. I should be getting it from the past owner.

mopedmaniac you grab that, and you will have your sparta!

or interestingly enough i have a orange 76 moby for exactly the same price...

who would be good at looking after such a beast....

they would have to speak French, know about Moby's........

LOL

you are still swinging by mass on the way to maine....????

Yep!

I still have a 76 Orange moby in the garage, that needs a carb.

I'd swap for a 50V maybee.

hahaha great we have something in common besides the sparta, we both have Orange 76 50l's in the Garage that we would swap for 50v's LOL

Take a look on the mass craigslist, there are 2 for sale. They are up on here too, i think 2 for 350? I wonder if you couldnt pick them up.

I can take a look at em for ya if you like.

Andrew

I really need to make room in the garage, and also I'm in the middle of redoing my upstairs bathroom, so no much time there, I'm going to Maine at the end of the month then to Indianapolis in October, so I can not get anymore side project for now. maybe next spring. there seems to be tons of peds for sale right now.

Mopedmaniac I'll swap that running Sparta for your red non running 50V, if you still have it.

ooh if i was him id jump on that in a heartbeat.

hmm interesting offer....let me see some pictures first and i think we may have a deal

that sounds like a plan. THe dark green sparta is a cool color. Plus that one is the 30mph version. Cool.

I bought a digital camera yesterday on amazon , so it'll take a few days to get here, then I'll send pics. That Sparta starts with a light push or pedal stroke nice and easy and idles right away. I want to stick with Mobo , easier on me to find parts etc.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account