i NEED a Magnum tank badly

my magnum tank was rusty. so i used muriatic acid to clean it....but there were pinholes in the tank....and i didnt have sealer. so i took my tank to a radiator shop (that supposedly does motorcycle tanks all the time) and they cleaned it and sealed it.....and did the biggest piece of sht job. the coating is uneven and breaking off and there isn't even coating on some parts.

the part that really sucks is that it is a brown magnum tank....and it's really good cosmetic shape. no big dents, dings, or scratches. and now the inside is all fcked up. i guess i should have POR'ed it.

if anyone has a magnum tank in good shape...preferrably on the inside and outside...please let me know. i really want to buy a tank in good shape. colour does not matter.

thanks.

Re: i NEED a Magnum tank badly

If you bring it over we can cut a hole in the bottom of it, remove all the rust and sealer, weld it back up and no one will ever know.

Dave Peterson /

I have a brown magnum tank, it looks OK on the inside but has surface rust on the outside. I will try to take a piture and post it here later.

Skipjaz

yo skipjaz....yeah please post a pictures...definitely interested

Nathan....if it comes down to that...that's what i'll do...thanks

Dave Peterson /

Tank is worse than I thought. Skipjaz

1189526243_im000832.jpg

Dave Peterson /

pic#2

1189526271_im000831.jpg

Dave Peterson /

pic#3

1189526296_im000833.jpg

yeah that is pretty busted up. hopefully i'll be able to find something in better shape. thanks anyway though

Busted up nothin! It looks clean inside.

how much you want for it?

yeah i saw that tank on ebay....but i'm not a fan of tanks with those fork dents in them.

that's a pretty easy fix really. Easier than cutting one open and rewelding..... but then again if you let nate do the work then it's really easy. Just sit back and watch.

Dave Peterson /

The inside of the tank has some rust, $10 plus shipping.

Skipjaz

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account