Washington DC area... Sell me a moped Sukka!

I moved back to DC from Richmond to go to school for a bit. and all my bikes are in my garage in Richmond... I need a project up here to keep me sane... so give me that old busted Maxi, or whatever, son!

Re: Washington DC area... Sell me a moped Sukka!

I have a '79 Montgomery Wards with the solo motor. Both wheels are locked I think it's the brakes), and motor too (cylinder currently soaking in PB blaster). Lots of surface rust. $50 and it's yours.

hippy, get up here and take something back with you!

dude, if I make it to NY I'm gonna have to bus up then ride a moped back.. I have no car/License... if you wanna sell me a Puch I can trust one of those Austrian pieces of genius engineering for the long ass ride. or maybe a Minerelli... PS no solex! haha

Its NOT a solex. It's a water cooled SOLO motor (so i've been told)

"looks just like this one":http://www.mopedarmy.com/photos/brand/140/779/

Chas

surface rust how so? is the tank jacked?... I may be interested. any pics??

haha, no. I was talking to M23 Vic. where in DC are you located? could I come see it?

actually, I just saw that you were all the way up in Bowie! yikes. I can't drive, up there. unless you wanna deliver. I am interested in your tomos 3-wheeler though. I could probably coax ona my friends into driveling me up for that.

I might let the 3 wheeler go for the right price. It's not 100%, but it's driveable. The rear wheels wobble, and the motor could probably use a rebuild, but it runs, idles & rides.

cool, I'll e-mail you if It seems like I can get a ride up there!

blaa.. I want moped!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account