WANTED Badly : working a3 engine for '78 Tomos

Hi everyone,

i'm looking for a working a3 engine for my '78 tomos. Any help getting one of these rare gems would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

-ju

Re: WANTED Badly : working a3 engine for '78 Tomos

Ive got a complete 83 A3 bullet I would sell. Looking for $250.00. It runs but not very well due to gummy carb and tank. i just havent had time to mess with it. It isnt very nice looking so it would be a perfect parts ped. Stickers are missing and paint is faded. I could even deliver for an extra $50.00. Im in G.R. I might consider puch or parts on trade. Let me know if you are interested.

Luke

Probably a silly question but why do you need a whole new engine ? BTW I do have a perfect running A3 and I want to replace it with anA35 or A55 kickstart version

hi there ken,

well, at this moment my engine has completely siezed up and i have no idea how to go about fixing a problem like that. so i thought that the easiest fix would be to find a whole new engine. is that not the best idea? i'm pretty new to the moped world, and i think i lucked out finding this 78 tomos, but it needed a lot more work than i anticipated, almost all of it having to do with the engine. how much are you looking to sell your a3 for?

-ju

hey luke,

let me talk to a couple of my fellow puch owner friends and see if they would be interested in a trade. that might work out well. if not, there is a good chance that i'll just buy it off of you and come and pick it up (i'm just in East Lansing). i'll get back to you in a couple of days. thanks so much for your help!

-ju

if you are planning on kitting it someday I would look for a good used A35 motor....the A3 motors are ok, but you cant easily do any performance mods.....if ur planning on leaving it stock get a a3

Julie, still interested?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account