Trade: Moped for scooter

Hi! I have a 1979 Puch Maxi Sport MKII and I haven’t really touched it at all this summer, I was just wondering if anyone would want to trade me a street legal scooter for it. I was looking for a scooter because it would kind of give me a step into the motorcycle class. If anyone has any 50cc scooters as well that would qualify as a moped, let me know. But any scooter offers are welcome, send me pics and I can send you pics of the moped if you want. Thanks!

Any scooter offer accepted! Let’s talk.

Chris

Re: Trade: Moped for scooter

scooters don't qualify is mopeds, thats why theyre scooters. oh and they look like toilets.

Well, I didn't ask for dumbass remarks, and I don't want a moped. Which would be the reason I said I want to move into motorcycles, But if it's 50cc it can qualify as a moped in Ohio. So yeah.

Chris

i dont see any scooters on the BMVs list of approved mopeds.

hey zupo,

this is a moped website.....i dont think anyone one here even likes scooters.....let alone has one. but.... im a nice guy and if everyone just wants to be jerks i'll at least point you in the right direction.

check out craigslist.org maybe someone will want to make a trade with you.

also check out mopedriders.org they have a scooter forum.

if all else fails sell it. maybe you can get enough for a down payment on a new scooter.

hope i helped.

I know this is a moped site, I used it to rebuild my Puch to get it running in the first place. I know some people on here have scooters because I've talked to people on here and read things about people on here talking about them. I just figured since I'm trying to get rid of a moped I might as well post it on here. Saying everyone on here hates them and that no one owns them would be like saying that no one on here owns a car because their die hard moped riders, you know what I'm saying? I really appreciate the suggestions though, and thank you for actually being civil about it (unlike some people) I will look into what you said and appreciate the help, I have already looked on craigslist and all that but not on mopedrides.org, thanks again I appreciate it.

Chris

no problem zupo.

hey im kinda curious what your ped looks like. do you have a pic of it?

The Dmv thinks annything 50Cc IS a MOPED Jake.

I could have a briggs n stratton engine mini bike and it could be a moped. AS long as it passes tests.

Not to be mean but ...Do some reserch B-4 you try and make a smart ass remark.

Later

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/driver_license/moped_info.htm

2. The Ohio Revised Code defines a moped, or motorized bicycle, as any vehicle with two tandem wheels or one front and two rear wheels which is capable of being pedaled and is also equipped with a helper motor.

scooter=no pedals

2. In the case of manufacturers who market more than one model, only models listed below are approved by the State of Ohio. Only vehicles on this list may legally be operated as "mopeds" in Ohio.

no scooters on the list

theres my research, also, mini bikes are silly little toys.

He's right, it's gotta be on the list to get a plate in OHIO, and it's not a long list. The closest state I know of with the "50cc=moped" law is New York. I guess you could always lie at the DMV, it's not like they inspect the ped.

It's not worth the trouble, though. You can take the motorcycle learner's permit test(it's 100% written) and have your permit, with restrictions, in 60 minutes and you're legit.

Actually, go the legit route now that I think about it. Making an "error" on your registration(honest mistake, officer!) is not that big a deal but that would also mean you don't have the required insurance. Courts are MERCILOUS on violator's right now.

I have a friend who's raising a kid on her own and didn't know her soon-to-be-ex-husb let the insurance lapse. Despite having a clean record, no previous gaps in coverage: 2 years suspended license. No work priveledges. WTF?!?!

We've got 2 50cc Sprees left over from The Flooze garage.

Both are black, both need work.

Michigan also considers anything 50cc or less a moped regardless of pedals or not.

Just in case it helps with getting it registered somewhere.

not true - if it goes over 30 or 35 in michigan (i forget which one) it is technically a motorcycle. also if it has more than one gear. so technically, most mopeds we ride could be motorcycles.

Anything else you can tell me about the Sprees? Would you want to trade for my moped or sell them? I'd rather do a trade. pics maybe?

And sorry I haven't been posting anything in a while, and I'll get some pics up when I get the chance so you guys can see it. Thanks everyone!

Chris

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account