O/T: dirtbike for sale, 1998 Suzuki RM250

I just got a good deal on this in a trade, and dont really want it. I'm afraid I'm going to get hurt on it. I really dont know what to ask for it as a price, I dont know what they go for. Any serious offers considered if anybody wants it. Trades considered also. Its a 1998 Suzuki RM250 2 stroke 1 cylinder, water cooled. It runs awesome, and is scary fast, too damn fast for me. It has a FMF gold series fat boy pipe on it, boyesen power reeds, and a way larger Keihin carb. Not sure how big the carb is but I know its not stock, somewhere around a 32mm I think? It will lift the front tire in all 5 gears. The entire top end is brand new, and the clutch is brand new, less than 10 miles on them. Comes with pair of riding boots that were supposedly $275. The bike and the boots are nice, just filthy dirty. Haven't cleaned them up yet. Has a paddle tire on the rear, and I have the regular rear tire that goes with it. Have title.

1187058966_mopeds_153.jpg

Re: O/T: dirtbike for sale, 1998 Suzuki RM250

pic 2

1187058987_mopeds_152.jpg

how much

Huffy. That bike also has a Cobra Sparky spark arrester, which are typically $60-$70. You should put a flag on her and bring her up to the Sand Dunes :).

these bikes usaully stock have about a 38mm carb on them the carb is stock and a good price would be around 1200-1500

Really? I'm selling it for $700 tomorrow. Cleaned the carb today, its a 40mm. How can you tell it has a spark arrestor, and what does it do?

no time to ride it, no way to haul it

spark arrestor prevents sparks from coming out the exhaust and possibly igniting leaves or something.

And hes right thoose are expensive boots

how would sparks come out the exhaust? This is my first dirtbike (obviously), I know nothing about them at all

No idea, but thats waht a spark arrestor is supposed to prevent. You have to hhave one to ride in any state parks ect..

You need a spark arrester to ride on natural forest property. Spark arresters are suppose to prevent hot carbon deposits from shooting out the exhaust. They come in different forms. On a trucks offset muffler, there are two pieces of the exhaust pipe that are staggered. As to prevent direct flow. On you particular one, It has a U,S. Forest Service Approved metal screen that catches the carbon from shooting out. I am assuming the individual that owned the bike went to the sand dunes (i.e. the paddle tire). I know these things because I work at the ORV end of the Silver Lake State Park. Huffy, I know someone that would be very interested in this bike.

I am sure he would pay you a bit more. Give me your number and I will have him contact you.

davidscc@student.gvsu.edu

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account