Two Solos FS...One is a custom...

See Ya Moped Army /

I have two low mileage, water-cooled, Solo mopeds. One is a custom that I got from Joe Shupp last spring as a trade-in. The other Solo 40:1 is at my shop. The one at my shop is yellow and green and is complete except for the starter clutch engagement bar. You could make one or two good peds from these bikes. I also have extra seat, muffler, and a bunch of NOS Solo parts to go with it.

I have never run either one of these peds, but they should fire back to life with just a little tinkering. The gold one has good spark and compression and a custom bi-turbo muffler. I've never checked for spark on the other ped since I couldn't engage the clutch. The motor on that ped looks like new.

I'll take one good Puch or Italian Ped w/Minarelli motor for both Solos or $300 cash for both.

Re: Two Solos FS...One is a custom...

See Ya Moped Army /

I don't know anything about Solo mopeds ie. top speed, mods, etc. If you have questions re. these issues, maybe someone else with a Solo will be able to answer them.

That moped looks sick. Too bad you're not in Michigan

could you take a picture a little more close up on the detail, it looks like theres airbrushing or something on there im really interested

See Ya Moped Army /

There is airbrushing.

sick bike

hey larry do you have the left had control setup for a garelli SSxl mine broke last night while i was putting in a new brake cable......Btw dont mean to post steal i just thought of it while on here

hey larry, i'll buy them if you are coming to richmond anytime and can bring them? thanks, pat

solos are really powerful, great mopeds.

See Ya Moped Army /

Pic #2

1185642442_solo2.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

pic #3

1185642475_solo3.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

Pic #4

Pat, the next time I come down to Richmond, I'm bringing my sons' two mopeds, so I won't have room in the van with all my other crap.

For $300, this is a steal. Again, trade offers are also encouraged but must be for a Puch, Garelli, Cimatti, or any Italian ped with a Minarelli V1 motor. No basket cases.

1185642619_solo4.jpg

thanks anyways, joe brought that bike to richmond before, it has a really nice paintjob.

See Ya Moped Army /

FYI....The other Solo is a 1978 40:1 model. It's missing the coil (no big deal) and the metal strap that engages the starter clutch when you pull the lever. This ped is very restorable, but could also be used as spare parts for the custom painted gold Solo.

I replaced the seat on the Gold Solo with a perfect one this afternoon.

I will not ship these peds. Pickup only in Port Murray, NJ. First person who coughs up $300 takes the whole deal.

any titles?

See Ya Moped Army /

No, they came from non-titled states. If they had titles, I'd be asking a lot more for them or keep them.

wish I was closer, I'd give you my running snark and a running gadabout just for the orange one. Looks killer, love the burnt orange color

See Ya Moped Army /

I wish you were closer to. I'd love to have another Snark and an extra Minarelli V1.

I started switching some nicer parts over from the parts bike to the gold one. I've got the clutch all squared away now and tomorrow I'll have the carb cleaned/reinstalled, new handlebars and hopfully, all the lights working. I could have this ped up and running by tomorrow night.

John Joedicke /

Huffy, nice summer road trip. 1 day over, 1 day back. If you want that orange beast you better act fast. Knowing Larry's speed at getting these things done. it will be gone before you know it.

wish I could, but I'm not working at the moment

and the snark is sold already anyways

Dang it. I was just gonna ask about that Snark too. Oh well.

See Ya Moped Army /

Update....new handlebars were mounted, new. wiring harness and switches installed. Mounted stock exhaust. Bike started with carb cleaner on first kick. Just need to clean carb and she should be good to go.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account