WTB: Garelli Eureka Flex forks

Hi all,

I'm getting a little pissed over this bike I recently picked up. Now I noticed that the front forks are bent inward (like someone hit a wall head-on at full speed!) Anyways, I doubt I can fix them. Anyone have a set? (dark blue would be nice!)

If I can't get 'em I guess I'm gonna have to part her out... :(

Thanks!

Re: WTB: Garelli Eureka Flex forks

Find out if VIP forks will work. I got a light blue set you could probably get a close match and just spray paint. You could also just spray them some complementary color as well as some other trim peices and make it 2-tone - bitchin.

They got a little rust, let me know if you want pictures and I'll take some good quality ones and e-mail them.

Dave Peterson /

I may have a set of white ones, I could send a picture. Skipjaz

Martinh:

I'm not too concerned with the color - besides, it would look funnier (a good thing) if they were a different color - like yellow...

How would I tell if the VIP forks would fit? We might have to measure each to see...

Skipjaz,

That would be great! Email me or post a pic here...

Thanks!

Dave Peterson /

Sorry, they are off a Moto Guzzi Robin. Skipjaz

I was thinking about those forks and I remembered that they are rustacular. Meaning they've got some rust. probably not worth messing with. (see attached) If Zach bandit ever got in here he'd probably have some for you. Keep bumping this post and you will get a set.

There are some forks out there..... I know there are!

1185424392_s3600009.jpg

Thanks for the pic Martin. Those don't look the same anyways. In fact, the bike looks quite different. I'll take a pic and maybe that'll help scare some up. I hate to part it out - it's more fun to get it working again!

BTW - you wouldn't happen to have a spare Garelli head laying around, would you?

The ped - notice the bent forks... argh!

Can anyone help???

1185461741_dcp_3489.jpg

Notice lots of parts removed - I'm stalled mid-repair now...

1185461837_dcp_3490.jpg

bump

Wow, thats a good looking moped. I would probably buy a lot of the body parts from you if you ever sold it. Motors go for a fair price, and that cylinder is rare too. Honestly I would buy the whole thing if the price was right.

BUT it wouldn't be right of me to tell you to sell it. That bike is gorgeous and would be well worth the wait if you can call some other guys\moped shops. I'll keep my eyes open for parts. Try www.ebay.it every now and then too, you may be able to e-mail an italian (after converting english to italian) and ask if they'll ship to you.

Thanks for the compliments, Martin!

Well, I wish I had noticed the scored cylinder and bent forks when I went to buy it. Could've probably talked the guy down from $75. Oh well...

It's mostly there, and I really love restoring things, so I'll probably hang onto it for a while and see what I can scare up.

There's a guy on eBay parting a Garelli right now. I emailed him to see if he'd sell me what I need... His prices seem to be reasonable.

So the radial-finned cylinder is rare, huh? Can I use the more standard "cross-type" finned head and/or entire cylinder instead?

Also, mine's supposed to have the oil injector. I'm thinking that's gonna be next to impossible to find!

bump

Wow. That bike is worth more than $75.

I'm 95% positive you can use the other cylinder and head. I was going to go to Louisville today, but I didn't make it.... I think I might be able to find some forks there when I do go (might be next weekend).

I'll ask about a head, because I already have a cylinder... I know zach from the bandits has a whole collection of garelli heads, but he may not be willing to give one up.

The oil injector.... It's a strange thing. Really all it does is mix the gas with oil in the tank. If you notice, there is a little knob near your gas cap for an oil line to go to. It would be pretty cool to see someone who would actually use the oil injector, but no one I have seen does. If you really want to try it, I have the little tank\pump here. I mostly just pre-mix the gas before I pour it into the bike.

I'm learning that (worth more than $75)... lol

What's in Louisville? If you could take a look for me, I'd really appreciate it! I wish there was a good bike boneyard here in Buffalo. We don't even have any good car yards either - too much rust...

I've already put a little rubber cap on the injector fitting on my tank. I thought it would be more trouble than it's worth to get the injector anyways. You're right - not terribly hard to mix your own premix. Might be handier if you were traveling on the Garelli and couldn't carry premix... :)

bump

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account